2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gone into the Settings, Preferences, Time Zone and I've tried both the North America and United States settings and selected the, I think, correct time zone. I think it was under the US option that had Eastern (New York) UTC -4 and I don't recall what the North America Eastern time zone that was also UTC -4.

When I select either of them, the time is 4 hours behind the current Eastern Daylight Time, so if it's 4:00PM, the Amazon FireTV shows 12:00PM. The clock on the dash shows the correct time of 4:00PM.

I also can't get the TVs to use the right zip code, but I think that gets pulled from my Amazon profile which doesn't have an address or zip code associated with it. I'm about to move, so I don't want to set it and then have to change it, so I'm waiting until after the move to set the profile address and see if that fixes the zip code issue.

Any ideas how to get the stupid Amazon FireTVs to have the correct time? Does it matter if they have the wrong time?

BTW, why the heck do I have to set them up independently? It takes twice the **** data, plus I have to download the same apps onto each TV independently, again burning up twice my data. This **** sucks, especially given how the Blue-ray/DVD player isn't selectable as an input. Supposedly there's a software update due soon that will fix it, but until then it's an expensive upgrade for a useless feature.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I think a little more detail might help you receive some helpful replies. For example it would seam like some experimentation could sheaf light on why your Amazon Fire TV is 12;00pm (-4) from your vehicle’s correct time. Also, it is hard to understand why you wouldn’t set your current address temporarily in Amazon profile just because you’re planning a relocation soon. It can’t be all that time consuming to change it after your move.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think a little more detail might help you receive some helpful replies. For example it would seam like some experimentation could sheaf light on why your Amazon Fire TV is 12;00pm (-4) from your vehicle’s correct time. Also, it is hard to understand why you wouldn’t set your current address temporarily in Amazon profile just because you’re planning a relocation soon. It can’t be all that time consuming to change it after your move.
I don't know what more detail you need, but it's hard to compose a reply here at my desk after playing around w/ the Amazon FireTVs in the van. As I said, I experimented w/ both the North America and United States options.

I'm sure I can find a time zone that will get the correct time, but that's not the point of my question. Why is the correct time zone, Eastern - New York (UTC-4), showing the time off by 4 hrs?

As to updating my address w/ Amazon, it's not a question of "time consuming", it's a matter of remembering to do it.

I have never used an Amazon FireTV and I have just the basic free Amazon account. I needed it to have Kindle books delivered to my iPad via the Libby reading app and my local library, so there's not been a need to give Amazon my address for the past 5 yrs. I have/had no intentions of ever streaming content to the TVs while driving. If I wanted to do that, an iPad is more convenient for my kids. Besides, they'd rather play games on the iPad or Nintendo Switch, and the TV screen might make a nice second screen for the Switch.

I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed the time issue w/ Amazon FireTVs. I've tried poking around in forums related to Amazon FireTV and tried most of the tips there, all of which were things I'd already tried.

Initially, I thought it was stupid to require me to join a wi-fi network and setup the Amazon FireTV just to make the TVs work, especially since I just wanted to test playing a disc from the front Blue-ray / DVD player thinking these were dumb monitors just displaying inputs and basically had an Amazon FireStick built in for streaming. Now I realize that it literally is a "smart TV" and you have to do everything from the FireTV home screen. There's also several threads on this forum about the Blue-ray / DVD player not being recognized by the Amazon FireTVs. Since it's a $2500 option, I'd like the stupid piece of **** to "just work". I foresee this being obsolete due to software updates to FireTV requiring more powerful hardware and Amazon no longer streaming to the FireTV until the software updates are applied. This is the same crap I go through with an older iPad. TV station's streaming apps require newer versions of iOS to be installed, which in some cases require newer iPads than I want to buy for young kids to drop, and the apps won't play/stream until updated.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Sorry, I was just trying to picture your actual device configuration as you were trying to get things to work to your satisfaction. We have the Entertainment System with Chrysler screens on the back of each front row seats. We use the DVD player to watch movies for the 2nd row passengers. We can also use our cellphone hot spot to connect either an Amazon Fire Stick or an Apple TV for streaming and we can use our iPhone with an Apple HDMI & Power cable to play stored video / movie content. We haven’t really tried it, but I suppose we could hook up our Nintendo Switch via HDMI to the rear screens. Amazon has so many various FIRE TV devices that I wasn’t at all clear as to what you had.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I was just trying to picture your actual device configuration as you were trying to get things to work to your satisfaction. We have the Entertainment System with Chrysler screens on the back of each front row seats. We use the DVD player to watch movies for the 2nd row passengers. We can also use our cellphone hot spot to connect either an Amazon Fire Stick or an Apple TV for streaming and we can use our iPhone with an Apple HDMI & Power cable to play stored video / movie content. We haven’t really tried it, but I suppose we could hook up our Nintendo Switch via HDMI to the rear screens. Amazon has so many various FIRE TV devices that I wasn’t at all clear as to what you had.
I have the factory installed Amazon FireTV that Chrysler has just started putting in the '22 line. I have the DVD/Blu-ray player in the front dash, but it doesn't recognize any discs. There's a STAR publication out, Case # S2208000030 - Rev B released May 2022 stating that the disc player doesn't work until a software update is applied and instructions technicians to NOT replace the Video Routing Module (VRM). It explains how to verify the Amazon FireTV software version, and states you should be at or higher than 2693. I'm running the Fire OS 7.2.7.7 (PS7277/2693) version and the disc still doesn't play!

And the time zone settings result in the time being 4 hrs off with the correct time zone selected. I get that the "location" fails now that I know it's trying to look up my zip code based on my profile and it being empty because I haven't set up my address yet.

As an update, ever since I received a Uconnect update to Buid Number: FCA-MY22.S23.13-PROD, my Uconnect starts up on a different, random screen than what it was on when I turned the engine off. If it would just return to the last one it was on, or default to the "Home' page, I'd be happy, but it's randomly showing the climate page or the Apps page. And, since then, it's lost the "Home" page widgets. It remembers how many pages I have, and what orientation the widgets were laid out, but the actual widgets get reset back to "Add a widget".

Trying to explain, and even show the service advisor what's happening, with pictures on my phone showing what they were set to before they disappeared, and showing him the empty/reset screen, the service advisor tried to tell me I can't add third-party widgets. He had NO CLUE how the Uconnect system works or even looks like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts