2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I am hoping that this is my last update on this topic. My wife got the Pacifica back at 6pm last night. Not many miles on it since then yet, but the ambient temp and all related systems have worked correctly since then.

It was indeed a portion of the harness that ultimately connects to the ambient temp sensor. The sensor itself was never really the problem. There was corrosion in a connection that caused sporadic losses of signal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Keep us updated. The corroded harness makes me nervous. Just got my ambient sensor replaced. I asked them to look for corrosion . They said it was fine.

Previously they found a corroded cable to my shutter vent when I had that replaced.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My sensor failed back in April while driving through a blizzard. The ambient air sensor began to climb from in the 30s all the way up to 90. I was using the auto climate in the cabin and when it malfunctioned, it began to blow hard, cold air, fogging up the windows. From then on, the sensor was reading +10-15 more than the reported outside temp.

Brought it in and the dealer noted that the sensor failed. They did replace that and noted that the wiring was fine. The very next day, the issue was still there. I brought it back and they looked at it for a few days and could not find the issue. They wanted me to pick up the car without it being fixed as they had no idea what the issue could be. I mentioned that there may be corrosion on the wiring harness after reading this post and they went and replaced the harness. We are on day 3 of me having it back, and it is all but perfect! (It is +/- 1-2 degrees off on occasion, but that is to be expected).

Thank goodness for the forum!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Glad that this info helped. Another 2 months down and everything is working perfectly for us.

I was driving in freezing rain on one occasion when the temp went whacko and we lost warm air defrost as well- the windshield began to ice over. Glad we don't have to worry about that anymore.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts