2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
I just purchased a 2017 Pacifica Limited. Love It! But the day after I bought it the Check engine light came on. It is certified so I called the dealer. It was the P0073 code. The Dealer replaced the sensor. When I got in the car the outside temp. read 75. It was actually in the teens. I walked back inside and was told it would take a few drive cycles for the new sensor to communicate with the car. I drove it home (49 miles) and have taken several trips over 15 miles since. The Temp now starts at about 55 degrees and then after about 15 minutes slowly goes down to the actual temp. This morning after work as the car sat outside all night it read the correct temp on my way home, however, when I got in it in the garage this evening to come to work it was about 18 degrees off (warmer). The garage is not heated and the garage door was open most of the day. It did not correct in my short drive to work. I Have been reading on here that it may be the wiring harness that is the problem. Most of the threads I read on here don't really give the final results, so not sure if the fixes worked. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update, On my break I went out and the car still read 48 degrees (it's actually 34) I drove around for about 15 minutes and the temp reading actually went up to 70. Never came back down but my break was over and had to get back.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Take it back. Clearly there is still a problem. Can you tell if the car has ever had the front bumper repainted or any accident history? Might have a poor connection or damaged wiring.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
HI,
I just purchased a 2017 Pacifica Limited. Love It! But the day after I bought it the Check engine light came on. It is certified so I called the dealer. It was the P0073 code. The Dealer replaced the sensor. When I got in the car the outside temp. read 75. It was actually in the teens. I walked back inside and was told it would take a few drive cycles for the new sensor to communicate with the car. I drove it home (49 miles) and have taken several trips over 15 miles since. The Temp now starts at about 55 degrees and then after about 15 minutes slowly goes down to the actual temp. This morning after work as the car sat outside all night it read the correct temp on my way home, however, when I got in it in the garage this evening to come to work it was about 18 degrees off (warmer). The garage is not heated and the garage door was open most of the day. It did not correct in my short drive to work. I Have been reading on here that it may be the wiring harness that is the problem. Most of the threads I read on here don't really give the final results, so not sure if the fixes worked. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Here is a post about a TSB related to temperature that you might print and hand to the service department in case it might apply to your situation. The TSB shows up when you click on the thread.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to update because a lot of times people never post the fix. My car is currently in the shop getting the wiring harness replaced. A regional Master Tech was in the dealership last week and found water and corrosion in the line. Probably should have been found by the regular tech, but it is what it is. Hopefully this will resolve the issue. Will let ya know if it works

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sooooooo......Happy Easter Everyone. For some reason today was much colder in my car than I thought. Check engine light back on and the sensor reads -14. Guess it's back to square one.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Sooooooo......Happy Easter Everyone. For some reason today was much colder in my car than I thought. Check engine light back on and the sensor reads -14. Guess it's back to square one.
Has the ambient temperature sensor been checked? That is what fixed temperature issues in my van.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has the ambient temperature sensor been checked? That is what fixed temperature issues in my van.
The ambient sensor, bcm, and wiring harnesses have all been replaced. hopefully it's just a bad sensor, the world is an imperfect place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts