2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Getting the software version is not obvious. You have to press the driver's side temperature up and down buttons and the defrost button all together for 5 seconds. That gets you into "dealer mode". From there you can get to the "Radio Part Information" screen. My car was delivered with version 17.37.29 but was updated over the air in February to 17.48.2a. I understand there is a later version 17.50.49 that recent cars were delivered with and that also can be installed by a dealer. I do not believe it is being distributed over the air, yet.

It is unlikely that you would get an update without you knowing about it. It does prompt you that an update is available and asks you if you want to install it and gives the opportunity to schedule it for a later time.

There are two numbers on the screen. One is boot version - can't remember the other.

Which number is the one that's updated?

·
Registered
596 Posts
There are two numbers on the screen. One is boot version - can't remember the other.

Which number is the one that's updated?
In the post that you quoted I was referring to the "Software version". For me, that went from 17.48.2a to 18.20.2e. Right after the "Software version" line there is a line labeled "Application version". This is a long string that includes your region (USA or CANADA) and within it are embedded some numbers. The numbers are the version and for me they went from 19.11.0 to 21.9.0. I don't think the boot micro version changes.

·
Registered
596 Posts
How do you switch between charging and data transfer mode?
Not quite sure what you are asking. When you plug in your phone to the USB port, Android Auto loads both on the phone and on the UConnect screen. While it is connected your phone should also be charging. Control of the phone apps is done from the UConnect screen.

On an Android phone it is possible to control what happens when you plug in to a USB port on a computer. To do that you have to enable the developer options on the phone, then set the USB Debugging mode. If you Google "android developer options" I am sure you can find the proper steps for your phone. But none of that should be necessary to get Android Auto to work. However I should also say that I used to have a Nexus 6P phone that for some reason would not load Android Auto unless I did enable USB Debugging. But I don't think that is common.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings all, I've searched and found people reporting issues getting Android Auto to work, but none quite like mine. I purchased a 2018 limited hybrid late last year, and Android Auto worked fine up until sometime last week. Both my wife's phone (Galaxy S8) and mine (Pixel) stopped working at the same time. I've tried 4 different usb cables, pulling fuse 76, completely blew away all settings for both phones (on both the uconnect side and the phone side) and tried re-adding them. No matter what I try, I can't get Android Auto to load. If I plug one of the phones in and leave it for a bit (maybe 30 seconds?) I eventually get the error in the attached image.

Note: Android Auto loads just fine on the phone, just won't connect to the car.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!
No solution. Having same problem with 2018 Pacifica. Android auto was fine until 2 days ago. Uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Changed cords, cleared data, added it back and still no luck. Port in car works, the phone charges when plugged in. Idk what happened

·
Registered
6 Posts
It might not be the same problem you are having but with my android phone the GPS never worked right when plugged in. I have a 2018 pacifica and android auto worked fine but when I used Waze or Google maps it was always lost. If I unpluged the phone and set it on the dash or on the console it worked fine. The GPS and the navigation worked great. Plug in the cable and the GPS went blind. I rented a jeep and the same thing happened. Dealer couldn't help. It turned out at one time when my phone was low on power I choose "power saving mode" and never turned it off. So when the phone was plugged in it turned off the GPS to save battery and presumably let it charge faster by less power draw. Not intuitive at all and probably took me 9 months before I figured it out. Sorry if it seems off topic but it's not always obvious what's wrong.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Does anyone know of a way to have AA run full screen, with no status on top and/or controls on the bottom?
Thanks in advance.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts