2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a 2018 model Pacifica and just last week Android Auto stopped launching. I can see my phone attempting to connect but fail and occasionally I'll see a message on the uconnect screen stating "Device Not Supported". I haven't changed anything on my setup, but I tried different cables including the one that came with my phone which is a note 9.

I've tried pulling fuse 76 a couple times and doing the soft resets under settings.

I saw on another thread from another user about performing a factory reset with some success. Does anyone how to perform that on my vehicle?

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
810 Posts
Were there any updates to your phone around when this started happening? Maybe an update to Android 10?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think there were.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Check:
1. USB cable;
2. Reboot your phone;
3. Check USB mode (set that phone define connection settings);
4. Reboot (Soft reset) UConnect.

I had the issue 2 times. First time helped 3. (UConnect didn't detect the phone), second time it didn't work with Android and iPhone (the same error) helped 4.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L - Original Owner
11 Posts
What phone?

I would always start by testing other cables. If it still failed with the cables, I would then look at the phone. I had my pixel for 3 years and had to squirt the port with connection spray (not the technical term). That usually fixed it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the note 9. I've tried with different cables, including the one that came with the phone. I also tried connecting with my wife's phone (same phone) with the same result.

How do you do a soft reset?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does data transfer when you plug into other devices?

I knew the issue for me was my phone when I tried connecting to my drone.
I've also had my radio on the Pacifica replaced 2 times. Dealer said chrysler knows there's an issue that they don't know how to fix. My issue was more than Android auto though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, data works just fine when I connect my phone to a computer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try uninstalling Android auto from your phone and start again. Don't install Android auto, just plug it in.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright, tried everything that has been recommended. It still doesn't work.

Also tried an iPhone, CarPlay doesn't work either.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Isn't the 2018 version different though? I think I tried this.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just tried pulling the battery power too, didn't seem to make a difference.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Any updates on this? I am having the exact problem. Worked fine on the 3rd then we stopped for dinner and then afterwards I get error 8. I have tried everything. I did see Android Auto was updated on the 2nd. I have another thread about another Uconnect issue which I had to pull F76. We need someone to answer us on this from technical. I wonder how many 1000s of owners are having the same issue.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
810 Posts
Were there any updates to your phone around when this started happening? Maybe an update to Android 10?
I don't think there were.
Double check to see if you recently received any update to your device. I help out on a security product forum and just started seeing issues with apps after the latest security update to the OS.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How do I check for an update? I'm still having the same problem. Occasionally uconnect will post "Device not supported" and I've switched over to using the original cable that came with the phone with the same result.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Double check to see if you recently received any update to your device. I help out on a security product forum and just started seeing issues with apps after the latest security update to the OS.
1). I have my Android to auto update and noticed that Android Auto updated on 1/2. However at the time I was using a rental Pacifica and it was working fine.
2) I have never seen a notice of a Uconnect update. It is currently on 18.33.24. I know there is a newer version but apparently my vehicle has not gotten it yet. And there is no way to download it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How do I check for an update? I'm still having the same problem. Occasionally uconnect will post "Device not supported" and I've switched over to using the original cable that came with the phone with the same result.
I don't know why I never noticed this, but the last update on my Uconnect app is from 12/16/2020. The Uconnect lock/unlock/etc no longer work. (location find has never worked but once about a year ago). My Guardian subscription shows current. I am about ready to call Uconnect directly and have a talk with them and see what they say.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,233 Posts
I don't know why I never noticed this, but the last update on my Uconnect app is from 12/16/2020. The Uconnect lock/unlock/etc no longer work. (location find has never worked but once about a year ago). My Guardian subscription shows current. I am about ready to call Uconnect directly and have a talk with them and see what they say.
Check the driveUConnect website to see if there is an update for your VIN. If there is, you might be able to do it yourself. Not all updates are done automatically. You will need a new USB drive. Remove all the files that came on the drive. Only the extracted files from UConnect can be on the drive.

I've updated my van once myself and now there is a new update available to do. It took me about an hour to accomplish last time. The engine had to be running the whole time uploading to the van (maybe 30 minutes) and it seemed really slow uploading to the van. The UConnect website has instructions on how to do the update.

One time the Android Auto in my Subaru wasn't working because I needed to turn off my phone's battery saver feature.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've checked and unfortunately, there's no updates for my VIN. =(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts