2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find a wireless charging mat/pad that I can put at the bottom of the console. Any recommendations?

Would like something I can plug into the car's usb port for power and can charge two phones simultaneously. I don't mind if it slow charges.

So far I'm considering the following on amazon
  1. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QXQNZ76
  2. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WTC69XP
  3. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V3KGC8X
  4. Amazon.com: Multiple Wireless car qi Charging pad Non Slip qi wirleess Charger Charging car pad Wireless Phone Charger Charging pad for car Fast Charging Wireless qi car Phone Charger pad NOTE10S9S8(C1Y): Electronics

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking the same thing but that slot is a tight fit already for my phone and it's very shallow. I have a note9 and it's about 6.5inch talll

·
Registered
75 Posts
Right! I have an iPhone 11 and it’s also on the “plus” size. My thinking was to cut or remove the rubber mat that came with the car. I even thought of taking the dash apart and drill a hole for the usb cable.
i stopped for now, because I need to connect to USB via wire to have the CarPlay work.
The wireless charging would only benefit the passenger.
Also about the shelf being shallow: sometimes my phone fell out of it during less gentle maneuvers. But aren’t these charging mats having some magnet that keep the phone centered? Would that keep the phone from sliding away?

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Reactions: Bpraim

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Or maybe time for a grand Wagoneer ... lol.... there’s a few wireless chargers out there but vast majority are slow in charging .

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ended going with #2 and #4. I'm going to put #4 in the prius but you can see in the picture that it sticks out some but you can probably cut off enough with scissors so that it's hidden in the compartment.

The wireless charger in the bottom fits perfectly. I'm just going to get a 90° usb cable so I can move it up further. It's also able to charge two phones simultaneously, which is nice.

Also, both chargers wouldn't work when plugged in to the USB ports at the top of the console, I had to use the USB ports at the bottom.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L plus
43 Posts
Those wireless chargers are good. I have a 2017 Pacifica Touring L+ and it does not have Android Auto/Apple carplay. So I ended up getting a vent mounted phone holder with wireless charging so i have access my phone for navigation/waze.

·
Registered
161 Posts

I put mine up top will run the cord neat if I like it there, so far so good, phones stay in place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just got an S last week with the Uconnect and media and all that. I’m shocked a wireless charge pad is not a basic install on these vans.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts