2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

241 - 260 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
i'd like to keep it below $40K b/f credit.. What're the added '19 features?
I think the biggest (maybe only) are the addition of power folding mirrors, Android Auto and Apple Carplay.

Power, folding mirrors are a very nice feature, especially when parking in tight quarters.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think the biggest (maybe only) are the addition of power folding mirrors, Android Auto and Apple Carplay.

Power, folding mirrors are a very nice feature, especially when parking in tight quarters.
Doesn't your 18 have AA and Carplay already?

The 19 Limited PacHy also has memory seats.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Doesn't your 18 have AA and Carplay already?

The 19 Limited PacHy also has memory seats.
Yeah, my mistake. I can't say as I'm thrilled about AA and Carplay, though. Seems redundent to me. I mean, one of the main ones is Google Maps, but the Limited already comes with Nav.

I couldn't remember the 'big two' changes for '19 and I guess it's power folding mirrors and memory seats.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeah, my mistake. I can't say as I'm thrilled about AA and Carplay, though. Seems redundent to me. I mean, one of the main ones is Google Maps, but the Limited already comes with Nav.

I couldn't remember the 'big two' changes for '19 and I guess it's power folding mirrors and memory seats.
Google Maps is way better than the built-in navigation, and I think that's probably the case for most cars. Built-in navigation is just one item on a long list of features, it's not a major focus of the car manufacturer, so it's usually quite a few years behind what you'll get from a dedicated manufacturer like Garmin or dedicated programmers like Google Maps, and there's no incentive for car manufacturers to listen to customer feedback or make updates either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got an offer for 48,500 for a 19' fully loaded limited in SC... MSRP is $50,625. Good deal or no? Seeing most people reporting average of $3k off MSRP. How much more you think I could push for if financed through the dealer vs financing on my own vs cash?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just signed paperwork on a 2019 PacHy Limited w/Advanced SafetyTec, Pano Sunroof, & S Appearance Pkg. MSRP $50,625.

Short version: $47,125, including current $1,000 cash allowance in our region. No trade-in.

For financing, my advice is to negotiate price separately, get prequalified elsewhere, and use a loan calculator to compare financing costs (sometimes Chrysler financial will give you $500 toward the down payment, but if the interest is to high forget it).

Full story: Last month my wife & I negotiated to $48,125 matching Carl's quote from Criswell in MD (thanks again Carl). The salesguy & his manager in Western Mass (north of Springfield) told us they couldn't bind the $1,000 customer rebate at that time because "must take delivery by Feb. 28, 2019" and that wasn't going to happen on our factory order.

Today they tried the old "that quote applies the $1,000 already" ruse* by using a "Total Price"of $49,125 in the sales software. My wife & I gently reminded them** that we all agreed to use what incentives were available upon delivery.*** We also noted that, were the prior month's rebate applied, we would have initialed assignment of rebates to the dealer and that the rebate would have shown on the "Rebate" line of the purchase agreement we had in our possession. Then just sat there, quietly, and the finance guy left.

After a few minutes, the finance guy returned: $48,125 less $1,000 cash allowance = $47,125.

* I'm not saying it was legit shady but they have the same purchase agreement we have.
** We actually anticipated this happening and rehearsed our response last night.
*** Knowing that cash allowances typically roll over month-to-month.

We bought the 8yr/125K Mopar warranty from the dealer at $2,305, $300 more than Ziegler using the DPACIFICA code. Truth be told, I forgot about the discount code when getting the online quote, so I thought the dealer price was in line -- I didn't expect the DPACIFICA discount to be $365, I figured maybe 10%, so that's on me.

On the plus side I was prequalified with two national banks at 4.04% and 3.29% (our local bank lends at 5%) and the finance guy used a local credit union at 3.24%/60, so that was easy.

Is this a good price? (Rhetorical)

Regionally this makes sense. I talked to five other dealers in our region and all were holding at MSRP, even on 2018s that had been on the lot since last summer. I went to one dealer and negotiations went nowhere, at others the "internet sales" person would invite us to drive on over, 60-90 miles away, no thanks, and why are you internet sales again?

This is similar to a decent benchmark. I would have bought from Criswell because I go the the DC area occasionally, but I'm not going to ship a car from California or whoever has the "cheapest prices in the nation." On that basis I'm satisfied with our price, and I'm not going to kill myself for another $500 off or whatever.

The only reason we went to that dealer in Mass is that they had one on the lot in Maximum Steel and I wanted to see the color. They just didn't have one with the sunroof. It turns out February Pacifica sales were down 32% vs. prior year, and Jan+Feb down 24% vs. 2018. So maybe with this soft market I could have gotten a better deal because they must have been happy to have a cold sale just show up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think $48,500 for a fully loaded hybrid is decent, especially if that accounts for the destination charge of around $1,495. We orderd ours for about $48,300 and hope to pick up ours on Saturday. FYI: I just got a loan from Bank of America for 3.29%, far better than my other options.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It seems like $3500 ($2500 + $1000 rebate) off of MSRP for a 2019 (with a couple more thousand off for a leftover 2018) is the current norm. These are the places that are truly interested in selling.

If a dealership balks at that offer, just leave. There are plenty of others that will readily accept and the greedy hardcases that think they can hold out for more will find themselves sitting on a big inventory when the 2020s start arriving. They're not hard to spot, either, because these are the places that still have new 2017s sitting on the lot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Google Maps is way better than the built-in navigation, and I think that's probably the case for most cars. Built-in navigation is just one item on a long list of features, it's not a major focus of the car manufacturer, so it's usually quite a few years behind what you'll get from a dedicated manufacturer like Garmin or dedicated programmers like Google Maps, and there's no incentive for car manufacturers to listen to customer feedback or make updates either.
How do you view your Google Maps? Where do you place your phone? I currently use Waze.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got a new but last year model 2018 Pacifica Hybrid limited blue ray and advanced safety tech for ended up being $38,995

$7500 dealer discount
$1000 rebate for being in cali
$1000 rebate for owning a previous hybrid or plug in ( which I did not get because I didn't own one)

bought it from South County in Gilroy California they had like 4 or five others

Thought it was a pretty good deal just need to get all the other federal and cali rebates figured out.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just got a new but last year model 2018 Pacifica Hybrid limited blue ray and advanced safety tech for ended up being $38,995

$7500 dealer discount
$1000 rebate for being in cali
$1000 rebate for owning a previous hybrid or plug in ( which I did not get because I didn't own one)

bought it from South County in Gilroy California they had like 4 or five others

Thought it was a pretty good deal just need to get all the other federal and cali rebates figured out.
Congrats!

I thought the California rebate was $1500, but that may have changed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats!

I thought the California rebate was $1500, but that may have changed.
yeah not sure that was a rebate from the dealer from Chrysler upon buying the car.

I did find out that Edison my electric company is offer anther $1000 rebate, and I guess there are federal tax rebates and another one from where I live in the San Joaquin valley air.

any other you guys know about?

·
Registered
477 Posts
yeah not sure that was a rebate from the dealer from Chrysler upon buying the car.

I did find out that Edison my electric company is offer anther $1000 rebate, and I guess there are federal tax rebates and another one from where I live in the San Joaquin valley air.

any other you guys know about?
The $1000 is probably Chrysler coupons or whatever nonsense they call it.

Federal is $7500. CA state is still $1500: https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/eligible-vehicles

·
Registered
1 Posts
Joining the ranks with a 2018 Hybrid Limited fully loaded with advanced safetytec & pano sunroof for $42,500 before the federal tax credit. Sticker on this was $48,980, and I've got to drive it from AZ to TX, but pretty satisfied with the deal as it was the exact color combo inside and out we wanted!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone, just purchased a new 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited model. Below are my numbers, think I got a pretty good deal. The dealership I got this from had one more 18 Hybrid left so let me know if anyone is interested and I can refer you to them.

Description: 18 Limited, SafetyTec package, all weather floor mats, black exterior, black interior, Zurich shield (whatever that is)
MSRP: $46,985
OTD: $42,000 (includes taxes, fees, registration, etc.)

So If I take out the taxes and fees, I think my actual vehicle price was close to ~$39,000.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Joining the ranks with a 2018 Hybrid Limited fully loaded with advanced safetytec & pano sunroof for $42,500 before the federal tax credit. Sticker on this was $48,980, and I've got to drive it from AZ to TX, but pretty satisfied with the deal as it was the exact color combo inside and out we wanted!

Does this include sales tax? If so, amazing deal! Also, what state?

241 - 260 of 294 Posts
About this Discussion
293 Replies
149 Participants
vic
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing