2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

261 - 280 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey everyone, just purchased a new 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited model. Below are my numbers, think I got a pretty good deal. The dealership I got this from had one more 18 Hybrid left so let me know if anyone is interested and I can refer you to them.

Description: 18 Limited, SafetyTec package, all weather floor mats, black exterior, black interior, Zurich shield (whatever that is)
MSRP: $46,985
OTD: $42,000 (includes taxes, fees, registration, etc.)

So If I take out the taxes and fees, I think my actual vehicle price was close to ~$39,000.
Is that the actual black interior (completely black seats) or the black/alloy interior? If it's the black leather seats with a black exterior, that's going to get toasty in the summer heat and, if it was located in a southern state, probably why they still had it this late in the year.

Still not a bad deal, though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought my 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Plus with a few options June 5th 2019. It ended up being a touch over 10,000 off not including the 7500 tax rebate. I'm pretty sure the one I bought had been sitting there for about 6 or 8 months. It was 36,900 out the door with tax and license and zero percent interest.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all - hoping to get a couple of quick answers to newbie questions here rather than start a new thread. We may have an opportunity to choose between a 2018 Hybrid Limited and a 2019 Hybrid Limited, each w the safety package. Based on some of the discounts I see people getting in this thread, seems like there's more room for negotiation on the 18.

Should we be concerned about battery condition in the 18 if it's been sitting? And can I assume if it's still officially new, it would qualify for the same federal tax credit and state rebates (we're in MA) that the 19 does? Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes- I would not take an 18 without a new battery and it would have to be 3-5k below a similar 19 just to be considered depreciation wise. I bought a 19 with a dead battery that had cobwebs and pine needles in the door jambs it had been sitting so long... : ( Usually a car that has been sitting that long is there for a reason as well imo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes- I would not take an 18 without a new battery and it would have to be 3-5k below a similar 19 just to be considered depreciation wise. I bought a 19 with a dead battery that had cobwebs and pine needles in the door jambs it had been sitting so long... : ( Usually a car that has been sitting that long is there for a reason as well imo.
Thanks. And we're really just talking the 12v battery, not the main hybrid one, yes?

The 18 is white/mocha; the 19 pearlcoat/mocha - I wonder if these combos just don't sell as well as others.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thanks. And we're really just talking the 12v battery, not the main hybrid one, yes?

The 18 is white/mocha; the 19 pearlcoat/mocha - I wonder if these combos just don't sell as well as others.
Yup, just the 12v in back. And by pearlcoat, you mean the luxury white?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, Luxury White. Bright White seems to have more of that generic commercial look but we could live with it if we knew we got a great deal.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
What prices are you looking at? If you're planning to keep the van past the HV battery warranty, its maintenance can be of a concern. The recommended storage charge level is 40%, knowing the dealers it was most likely stored at 100 or 0%. for a year or more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What prices are you looking at? If you're planning to keep the van past the HV battery warranty, its maintenance can be of a concern. The recommended storage charge level is 40%, knowing the dealers it was most likely stored at 100 or 0%. for a year or more.
Thanks. We may keep it past 150k miles (we're a ZEV state) so probably something to consider.

The white/mocha is currently offered at about 47k with a $3.5k discount, and the Luxury/Mocha at 50,700 with just a 1.6k discount (plus the current $2500 rebate, so about the same percentage-wise)

The Luxury dealer implied they really weren't interested in budging on price at all, even by a few hundred to reduce doc fee, etc, since they know Loaded PACHY Limiteds are in short supply. Have yet to visit the Bright White dealer but plan to this morning to see their pricing flexibility. Chrysler at least confirmed for me this morning that the federal tax credit would still apply to 2018 bought this year.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thanks. We may keep it past 150k miles (we're a ZEV state) so probably something to consider.

The white/mocha is currently offered at about 47k with a $3.5k discount, and the Luxury/Mocha at 50,700 with just a 1.6k discount (plus the current $2500 rebate, so about the same percentage-wise)

The Luxury dealer implied they really weren't interested in budging on price at all, even by a few hundred to reduce doc fee, etc, since they know Loaded PACHY Limiteds are in short supply. Have yet to visit the Bright White dealer but plan to this morning to see their pricing flexibility. Chrysler at least confirmed for me this morning that the federal tax credit would still apply to 2018 bought this year.
As far as I know, loaded pachy limiteds are not in short supply.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For a 2018, you should be looking at almost $10K below MSRP. As an example the Renton Chrysler in Washington lists 6 new 2018 Hybrids on their website that are all >$9K off of list. They don't have any Limiteds left, so I can say specifically about a Limited model. I paid $33,995 for my Touring Plus. If the car is new, then it qualifies for the full $7,500 credit. I would suggest that you have the 12V battery replaced if you go down the path of a 2018. Sounds like you want to keep your car for a long time, so resale difference on a 2018 vs a 2019 won't matter that many years out.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts

According to Chrysler web site the $2500 rebate is only for TL+, Limited still gets $1000. I got over $5000 off 2019 Limited, although it was helped by the Affiliate discount. All things being equal I would probably pay $1900 premium for 2019 because of its age and additional features.
The 2018 is eligible for the federal tax credit if it is sold as new and has not been titled.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hi all - hoping to get a couple of quick answers to newbie questions here rather than start a new thread. We may have an opportunity to choose between a 2018 Hybrid Limited and a 2019 Hybrid Limited, each w the safety package. Based on some of the discounts I see people getting in this thread, seems like there's more room for negotiation on the 18.

Should we be concerned about battery condition in the 18 if it's been sitting? And can I assume if it's still officially new, it would qualify for the same federal tax credit and state rebates (we're in MA) that the 19 does? Thanks.
Also can you look at the door stickers and find out when each was manufactured? There might be only a couple months difference between them, or almost 2 years, which could then possibly be reflected in the price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Also can you look at the door stickers and find out when each was manufactured? There might be only a couple months difference between them, or almost 2 years, which could then possibly be reflected in the price.
I never looked at the 2018 so not sure of the true age difference between them. But here's the resolution, and thanks to everyone who chimed in. We had to choose between the better deal and the better car.

The 2018 had no sunroof. We suspect that omission, in combo with the bright white/mocha color combo and 17-inch wheels, was what left an otherwise loaded Limited sitting so long. That dealer wanted to move the car for obvious reasons - List $47527.55 minus $5500 discount minus $3000 in rebates (never learned what combo applied) plus a $402 doc fee brought us to $39429.55 before TT&L.

The 2019 Luxury White w 18's, which listed for $50725, had the pano roof, which we decided was a must-have for road trips. We cited the 2018 opp and were able to get them to knock another $2k off their advertised discounted price, but they wouldn't budge any further, so with the $2500 rebate applied, we got them to $45000 before TT&L and we're driving a couple of hours north to pick it up this weekend.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been trying to negotiate on several 2018 Hybrid Pacifica Limiteds with the options I wanted (and color) and have not had much luck. I do not want to pay more then $40K before any dealer fees, taxes, etc. So far the closest I have been able to get is $41,500 but the MSRP is only $46,900. The next best deal I found was $42,300 on a loaded 18 that had an MSRP of close to $50K (or about $7K off), but the dealer just told me they sold it at that price.

I am in the New England area and dealers here funny. I found another 2018 Limited with a ton of options (again $49K MSRP) and the dealer won't budge off $45K. Keep in mind most of these dealers have had the vans sitting on their lots for over 300 days.

Must be the area, but I am looking in multiple states in New England and $40K is not going to happen on a 2018 Limited. I have not started getting prices on 19's but my guss is $44-45K before dealer fees, taxes, etc based on what I am seeing (this is for a Limited with the Safetytec package).

I also don't understand how/why the Safetytec package is optional on a $40K+ minivan and only available on the Limited and not Touring L. I like the options on the Touring L, but you cannot get the advanced safety features.

I am not in a hurry so will keep looking but my wife is averaging 18-19K miles a year on our Odyssey so a Hybrid Pacifica is appealing as many of her miles are city and with the tax rebates there is incentive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just purchased an 18 limited on Saturday. $49,875 sticker, we negotiated down to $41,500.

There are used 2018's selling around here for more than $34k (which is our price after the tax credit).

·
Registered
12 Posts
We just purchased an 18 limited on Saturday. $49,875 sticker, we negotiated down to $41,500.

There are used 2018's selling around here for more than $34k (which is our price after the tax credit).
Congrats you really scored there. I payed about 40,000 for a 19 touring L in CA and thought I did pretty good :) Hopefully you had the main and the 12v battery tested before you drove it off? My 19's 12v battery was failing after my test drive but luckily my salesperson caught it and replaced before a big camping trip!:smile2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats you really scored there. I payed about 40,000 for a 19 touring L in CA and thought I did pretty good :) Hopefully you had the main and the 12v battery tested before you drove it off? My 19's 12v battery was failing after my test drive but luckily my salesperson caught it and replaced before a big camping trip!:smile2:
Yup, 12v battery was replaced before we even got to test drive it. It was dead on their lot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All!

Just put a deposit on a new 18' PacHy Limited w/ Sunroof, Adv Tech and 18 rims w/ all weather mats for just under 41k (not including TTL) and not including 7.5k tax credit. MSRP 49,875

Only negative is I have to ship it for 995.00 from TN to CT and I'll miss out on CT rebate of 500.00.

I'm planning to go through penfed 1.49% APR for 36mo loan.

Not bad?

261 - 280 of 294 Posts
About this Discussion
293 Replies
149 Participants
vic
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing