2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

281 - 294 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I got 2018 PacHy limited for under $40,5K before TTL from NJ dealer.
MSRP $46,985 (with AST package).
I saw better deals, but they would end up more expensive either because of double sales tax (sorry, excise tax plus sales tax), or I would have to either go on a long distance trip, or buy sight unseen - neither was a good option for me.
This one was just 50 miles form my home.
Main battery looks good, consistently gives 30+ miles electric from 75-80% overnight L1 charge (see photo).
12V bat is a different story, but all indications are it will be replaced soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Bought a new 2018 Hybrid Limited Platinum 07/08/2019 manufacture date on door sticker is 8-18. MSRP was 49989. Got it for 38280 out the door. After selling my 2014 T&C with 132000 miles for 10280, the total cost for the 2018 was 28000. Installed a level 2 Siemens charger the following week by my driveway. Everything has worked flawlessly. Have not had to put gas in the tank since buying it. Current mileage is 1380 and still has a little over half a tank left. After extensive research in the last several weeks, and tracking down the right individual. Yesterday I added the MSRP 4100.00 MaxCare 8 year 125000 mile bumper to bumper coverage for 2800.00.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just purchased (8/3/19) a 2018 Hybrid Touring L for $31,499. Pulse light was $400 extra + TTL =$35,355 out the door.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just purchased (8/3/19) a 2018 Hybrid Touring L for $31,499. Pulse light was $400 extra + TTL =$35,355 out the door.
What's a pulse light?

·
Registered
23 Posts
What's a pulse light?

Its the third brake light that flashes when you brake . I really did not have an option to take it or not. The dealership said all their vehicles are ordered with it as a safety equipment to prevent/reduce rear ending.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Its the third brake light that flashes when you brake . I really did not have an option to take it or not. The dealership said all their vehicles are ordered with it as a safety equipment to prevent/reduce rear ending.
Really? That's not true, and sure aunt worth $400, $30 tops on amazon plus 10 minutes to install.

It's done, don't mean to rain on your parade, you got a great deal, but that alone would have made me walk. It's slimy.

·
Registered
237 Posts
It's done, don't mean to rain on your parade, you got a great deal, but that alone would have made me walk. It's slimy.
I wouldn't worry over $400 if I got a discount of $11k off MSRP on a new PacHy. How many other dealers will sell you one for that cheap? 0

·
Registered
477 Posts
What's to prevent a dealer/salesman from titling a minivan for themselves, pocketing the incentives, then selling it as used to an unsuspecting buyer? The buyer might not notice at sale time but will find out next year when they send vin# to IRS..or maybe the IRS doesn't even bother checking the vin and credits twice?

·
Registered
23 Posts
What's to prevent a dealer/salesman from titling a minivan for themselves, pocketing the incentives, then selling it as used to an unsuspecting buyer? The buyer might not notice at sale time but will find out next year when they send vin# to IRS..or maybe the IRS doesn't even bother checking the vin and credits twice?
That will be illegal. If the IRS catches it, it will be the dealership that will be on the hook. Not the customer.

In my car hunt, I came across a new 2018 hybrid is some dealership in TN listed for 31,000. When I called, they said it was titled once but the deal fell through. I dont know how that can happen but the bottom line was that the vehicle was no longer eligible for the tax credit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is that b/f fed tax credit? if so smokin deal.
Yes it was before the 7500 tax credit. Loving the van so far. Only problem so far is the outside temperature is inaccurate. I think it's a known issue and there is a fix for it. I'll take it in to the dealership soon.

·
Registered
477 Posts
That will be illegal. If the IRS catches it, it will be the dealership that will be on the hook. Not the customer.

In my car hunt, I came across a new 2018 hybrid is some dealership in TN listed for 31,000. When I called, they said it was titled once but the deal fell through. I dont know how that can happen but the bottom line was that the vehicle was no longer eligible for the tax credit.
Is there a specific law that it would violate? It would be scammy and despicable yes, but it'll be their word against the customer's, the customer technically bought a used car, and the irs would just reject the customer's tax credit. Also the salesperson, and maybe the dealership, might be long gone by then.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is there a specific law that it would violate? It would be scammy and despicable yes, but it'll be their word against the customer's, the customer technically bought a used car, and the irs would just reject the customer's tax credit. Also the salesperson, and maybe the dealership, might be long gone by then.

I don't know the exact statutes but the purchase agreement is a legally binding document and they are required to list clearly whether the vehicle is new, used or a demo. A demo vehicle could be in a gray area where you have the potential to be scammed. I doubt even the worst dealership would want to invite all this legal trouble for $7500.

I have bought a demo vehicle in the past (a 2016 Hyundai Sonata Plugin hybrid) from a dealership that acquired the vehicle from the Detroit or Chicago Auto Show. When I bought it, it was listed as new, had 75 miles on it and I got my tax credit just fine. The full warranty is also active.

·
Registered
81 Posts
281 - 294 of 294 Posts
About this Discussion
293 Replies
149 Participants
vic
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing