2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 60 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Lalo salesman we've been working with told us today that if we transport has to be a actual carrier and no a "uhaul". He also told us that if we paid CA taxes (which is around 9.xx% we would get a credit for our state which is 8%. We're going to go to our local DMV and discuss this with them to make sure we're making the right decisions. Unfortunately I'm in kansas, near missouri border. Shipping would be pretty expensive.
Yep so you will loose 1% of your purchase price.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
So last Saturday, I got an email from one of the local Chrysler dealers we had been bugging about a hybrid. None seemed to be able to get what we wanted so we were getting very close to ordering a upper trim package, (’17 or ’18) in red without a sunroof.

The email said that some else had given up on waiting for a custom ordered unit. It was red, ’17 in the Platinum package. It did have a sunroof but they agreed to take $2k off the MSRP. They also waved the $399 ‘paint conditioning coating’… So we were a bit over $46k out the door with title, plates and tags for 4 years. (Oregon has no sale tax.)

I wish I could have haggled more but they had two other couples in line behind us interested in it. One couple test drove it while we were talking price. My wife was coming unglued as she wanted it bad and so we told the sales guy to go get the keys from them as we would take it. Dick's Country Dodge in Hillsboro seemed to do pretty well on this transaction.

Chris

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well placed our order with south county, 2018 hybrid limited in cordovan with mocha interior, no options otherwise. We opted to drive it home vs car carrier, going to make a mini vacation out of it. So far everything has worked out great with Lalo. Cant wait!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well placed our order with south county, 2018 hybrid limited in cordovan with mocha interior, no options otherwise. We opted to drive it home vs car carrier, going to make a mini vacation out of it. So far everything has worked out great with Lalo. Cant wait!
May I ask when you placed your order and how long is the wait?

·
Registered
348 Posts
May I ask when you placed your order and how long is the wait?
I placed the order Friday after thanksgiving, he sent me a message that night saying order has been placed. I was told 6-8 weeks , most coming in around 6 weeks or earlier but assume 8 weeks. I haven't had a update since that Friday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, for those that are working with south county and are saying they are totally sold out = does that mean all of the 'intransit' ones they show are sold already? also, we've had no luck getting email replies - any names of decent sales reps there? thank you

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recently purchased one from South County. I worked with Ben and Joshua.

You never know what "in transit" means. We agreed on one, and when I drove to the dealership, Ben called me and said he "just learned" that one I wanted was already sold. I then drove back home, he called me again and said they have another one, not exactly what I wanted, but close. I agreed. After I bought it, it was still shown on their web-site, but the next day it disappeared. So it seems "in transit" means that it was not sold as of yesterday.

I waited only 17 days for the car to arrive to the dealership. It was quite fast and easy working with them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm planning on getting a Touring Plus from South County. For those that bought there, is $4000 off MSRP what you guys ended up agreeing or negotiated for more off?

·
Registered
22 Posts
In Transit availability

I think Chrysler's New Inventory vehicle search lags by 3-4 days. For us, we went to the dealer a 2nd time to look at the interiors and colors but didn't like the colors+options combo at the dealer. He found one in transit to another dealer and we bought it. It still showed in Chrysler's vehicle search for 4 more days and then disappeared while still "In transit" as we had bought it. Also, for new vehicles in transit, I'm seeing the build date (4 digit number below SL in the bottom left of the Window Sticker) come up 3-4 days after the physical build date.

So, I do think some "In transit" vehicles are sold and will disappear from the vehicle search in 3-4 days.

You never know what "in transit" means. We agreed on one, and when I drove to the dealership, Ben called me and said he "just learned" that one I wanted was already sold. I then drove back home, he called me again and said they have another one, not exactly what I wanted, but close. I agreed. After I bought it, it was still shown on their web-site, but the next day it disappeared. So it seems "in transit" means that it was not sold as of yesterday.

I waited only 17 days for the car to arrive to the dealership. It was quite fast and easy working with them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
One of those South County In Transit is mines... VIN matches the VON I received when I placed an order. Should hopefully arrive in a couple weeks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Dealership honored affiliate pricing, and included three rows of rubber mats, and a L2 EVSE at no cost. Order placed early September -- took delivery mid November. Decent timeline considering the Oct Windsor plant shutdown.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live in Utah but contacted a few California dealers that had one we liked in transit via their online email form and immediately was offered 2k under msrp.

Even with 695 shipping cost it came out well under what we were able to find in Utah (no one would go a dollar under msrp) even for models we liked less.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Uh I never got a Vehicle Order Number from South County, how much after your order date did you get one of these?
Mine was just a couple of days - and would have been quicker if I hadn't ordered on Friday

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the Los Angeles area, the best I could find was $2500.00 off MSRP. That was with Rydell Chrysler in San Fernando, CA. I would have much preferred to wait, but the potential loss of the $7500.00 tax credit in 2018 made me purchase now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
In the Los Angeles area, the best I could find was $2500.00 off MSRP. That was with Rydell Chrysler in San Fernando, CA. I would have much preferred to wait, but the potential loss of the $7500.00 tax credit in 2018 made me purchase now.
I purchased mine from Rydell as well. I'm very happy with their sales experience.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Almost got mine from Rydell, but a dealer closer to home (Valencia) beat them by $150. Called Rydell back to see if they'd counter, but they held their ground at $2500, so I stuck with Valencia. I've had pretty good luck with local dealers matching or beating the bigger dealers in SFV or elsewhere in the LA county.

Champion in Downey has a discount of $3500 right now on a Touring L and Touring Plus, according to their website.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm going through the initial stages of purchasing a 2018 Hybrid Limited myself, using Truecar to help nail down a good price. Only one of the 3 Truecar dealers actually seems to offer a discount (of around 1650) off the MSRP. One dealer actually charges well more than the others, to the tune of around 51k. And I've found that inventory is rapidly changing.

Seems to me that there's increased demand right now due to people either worrying about the Electric Vehicle Tax Credit soon being eliminated, or simply wanting to use that credit for the 2017 tax year.

·
Registered
565 Posts
For you SoCal shoppers, is Huntington Beach Dodge no longer doing $4000 of MSRP?

41 - 60 of 294 Posts