2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slim pickings here in Cali and I really don’t see new stock coming in. Was hoping for a Labor Day deal but a few Touring Plus and L models with nice discounts. Thanks for any insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been searching as well all up and down Cali, but for 2018 Limiteds. In my search one dealer told me they were not getting anymore 2019's since manufacturing has begun on 2020's. Inventory on Chrysler.com seems to be hit or miss. I've seen vans showing up there, but when you go to the dealer website they are not listed or have been sold.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah, something's fishy about 2019 PacHy sales. Last year, there were a glut of 2018's. And that lasted all through the fall, winter, and even spring. There are still 2018's out there sitting on lots. Amazingly, however, the 2019's (especially limiteds with AST) are just about dried up. And it's only August.

Inexplicably, 2018 sales numbers from Jan-July are OVER 21% MORE PacHy's sold compared to Jan-July 2019.

In other words, how did 2018 have way more sales than 2019, yet a ton more inventory?

Did Waymo start taking more deliveries? Where is this inventory going? Did FCA make fewer this year?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, something's fishy about 2019 PacHy sales. Last year, there were a glut of 2018's. And that lasted all through the fall, winter, and even spring. There are still 2018's out there sitting on lots. Amazingly, however, the 2019's (especially limiteds with AST) are just about dried up. And it's only August.

Inexplicably, 2018 sales numbers from Jan-July are OVER 21% MORE PacHy's sold compared to Jan-July 2019.

In other words, how did 2018 have way more sales than 2019, yet a ton more inventory?

Did Waymo start taking more deliveries? Where is this inventory going? Did FCA make fewer this year?

It is curious. I’ve been window shopping for 2 years here in NorCal-got spooked by the bugs and decided to wait until this year. In the Sacramento area, with multiple, multiple dealers, only Hoblit got a decent allocation and that’s fewer than 10 the whole year. And they’re a volume dealer. Most local dealers basically didn’t even stock the hybrid. South County in Gilroy had over 100 in stock at one time last year but I’ve never noticed more than 40 this year. California should be the ideal market. Are sales that poor? Not worth the headache? I know profits on the hybrid aren’t great but EVERY dealer I’ve visited tries to talk me into the gasser model. Not very encouraging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Pachy production my be all going to Waymo.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been searching as well all up and down Cali, but for 2018 Limiteds. In my search one dealer told me they were not getting anymore 2019's since manufacturing has begun on 2020's. Inventory on Chrysler.com seems to be hit or miss. I've seen vans showing up there, but when you go to the dealer website they are not listed or have been sold.
There was a 2018 limited in Lake Elsinore as of last weekend, good luck with your search

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
Paxford
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing