2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Van is in for installation. Found out that the 6 speaker system does in fact have a amp on the passenger side under the glove box area. So I will be ordering the Pac AP4.

Took the radio and door panels off so far. The new 6x9s are a little beefier than the stocks. Took a pic for you guys. Had to trim a little to make them fit but they fit nicely now. The doors are actually sealed up pretty nice. We put dynamat behind the speaker. Mid bass should be much improved.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Found a nice spot for my Audison amp and DSP. Yes I’ll be losing my spare butI have triple A so I’m not really worried about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Have not even thought of that lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Not a huge fan of the angle the installer mounted the amp at but it’s hidden so it is what it is. Not the greatest pic but it’s a update. Van goes in tomorrow afternoon to add the DRC and subwoofer and get a pre tune until my tuner comes to town mid Sept.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Install is done. Everything looks stock except my sub box which sounds great in here.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Last pic. Got the drc remote finally installed and mounted. Just used a scosche magic mount to mount it instead of drilling into anything to mount and i think it turned out pretty good.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks Rob3980!

I for one am curious as to how this system integrates to the noise cancelling. Does it? I bet this system does sound sweet!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I believe the installer disconnected the wire for noise cancellation in order to make this work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I should have opted for Harman Kardon speakers because the sound on my Infiniti G37 Bose speakers really rocks but our 2018 Pacifica NOT so much , the front speaker sound very thin .

·
Registered
763 Posts
Ive always had the HK in my SRT products and thats why I checked all boxes in my 18 HYBRID limited as well. Also when you start to add aftermarket and something electrical comes up for warranty for warranty good luck. The HK in all my vehicles is thumbs up for me , just my two cents . HK stereo sounds different in srt products due to the body shell ( viper, grand Cherokee, 300 ). The viper is more constricted size wise but still wouldn't do without it .

·
Registered
64 Posts
Try these settings

I should have opted for Harman Kardon speakers because the sound on my Infiniti G37 Bose speakers really rocks but our 2018 Pacifica NOT so much , the front speaker sound very thin .
Since you have the Alpine 13 speaker system try these settings:

Surround Sound OFF
Bass -3
Mid +2
Treble 0 (or -1)

See if this sounds better.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I’ve had a aftermarket system in every car I’ve owned and i always have multiple cars and get new ones pretty much every year and have never had a issue with warranty because of a stereo.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I rechecked my current settings -- this is what I have settled with (Alpine 13 speaker Touring L):

Bass -4
Mid +2
Treble -1

Sounds very nice with most sources. I ran a recent RTA using a calibrated mic with the settings above (attached). If you are familiar with reading a RTA, this is at 1/6 octave smoothing and is excellent for an OEM system.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
@rlee777 what’s your first name? Just curious because my last name is Lee as well

·
Registered
64 Posts
@rlee777 what’s your first name? Just curious because my last name is Lee as well
Ron. If you live near Southern Idaho, would love to meet up and see your system. I am also somewhat of a car audio nut -- but on a limited budget because of my family (hence why I have a Pacifica) comes first :grin2:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I feel ya man. I have 5 kids at 38 years old. I’ve always been into car audio. I’ve never been to Idaho but if i was i would have my Escalade with which will have a system. 10 times better soon. The van is my work vehicle. Here’s some pics of the Escalade gear and unfinished box/amp rack . Since i traded this Escalade in for the longer version the box will have to be redone but you get an idea .

Attachments

41 - 60 of 67 Posts