2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the 20-speaker HK system. Does anyone know how easy/difficult it is to change out these speakers? I realize they are different sizes in different locations (e.g., 6x9s in the doors) - but in terms of disconnect/connect, is it pretty much plug and play, as long as you get the right size?

If anyone's done this, what brand/model aftermarket speakers have you replaced the stock HKs with? I'm a bit disappointed in that I have to really dial down the bass (as noted by others above) so that I don't get low frequency distortion on some songs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Changing the speakers out isn’t hard at all. I would recommend having a shop do it though. Any set of component speakers will work. 1” tweeter and 6.5” driver. I’m using audio frog GBs . Hertz Milles are very nice as well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Escalade is almost finished

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Rob-Did you ever upgrade the system in your Pacifica? I just got one with the 5.4 system and want to replace it with the 8.3, and am looking for someone selling theirs. Lemme know if you might still have it and want to let it go.

Thx,
DAK

·
Registered
71 Posts
Changing the speakers out isn’t hard at all. I would recommend having a shop do it though. Any set of component speakers will work. 1” tweeter and 6.5” driver. I’m using audio frog GBs . Hertz Milles are very nice as well.

Thanks. Is an additional amp needed or necessary? Or does the stock amp have enough juice to make better components sound better than the stock HKs?

61 - 67 of 67 Posts