2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
...yet the time out feature is spelled out on page 107 of the owners manual, that nobody took the time to read!

Appears you are betraying yourself!
Remember to look up Liftgate in the index. It's on page 92 for my 2018. The manual is actually pretty impressive, there are tons of features and most important, instructions on how to 'reset' these features once they are activated and need to be reset.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had the car less than a week and have had two instances of the tailgate not automatically closing using any of the options, button inside the rear, the key fob and the button in the front. Didn't matter if the car was on or off.

After I closed it manually it worked fine again. Anyone know what may be causing this?
I have a 2017 Pacifica we pict it up end of June 2016 I can't say t is a problem but if I live the gate open for long time will time out and I have to close by hand after words works fine.
the other issue I have is to open it with the remote some times I need to press the button twice but only from the remote, well second time I meant.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L
72 Posts
It's all in the owners manual. IMPORTANT to read it.
Saves a LOT of time thinking there are issues when there isn't.
Agreed. It would be nice if the car actually came with an owner's manual. Mine came with the standard but not the hybrid supplement manual and apparently no one can get it.

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid Pacific Pinnacle
9 Posts
Same problem. 2 weeks old. As described in the manual the liftgate will lockout when left open (such as unloading) and must be closed manually. As others mentioned it is very annoying. The bigger issue is that it seems to remain locked out even after recycling ignition/power. Only after a long period of being off it seems to start working again. So weird. Will try the software update route with the dealer.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Touring AWD Velvet Red "S"
123 Posts
There should be a variable timer that one can choose, including to never lock out.

p.s. I don't have a hybrid and don't know anyone that ever owned one in my area. I agree, the supplement for them should be included along with the standard "phone book" !!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Agreed. It would be nice if the car actually came with an owner's manual. Mine came with the standard but not the hybrid supplement manual and apparently no one can get it.
That stinks that you didn’t get one in your new PacHy. I was lucky and did get one, somehow. I’ll look online, as I’m sure you have, but if there’s anything from it you’d like, I can try to scan and send you.

Reactions: TedF

·
Registered
72 Posts
That stinks that you didn’t get one in your new PacHy. I was lucky and did get one, somehow. I’ll look online, as I’m sure you have, but if there’s anything from it you’d like, I can try to scan and send you.
Thanks for that offer. I actually did get one online. Just bothers me that for a vehicle more than $40k I can't get a manual. I'd like t have one for the glove box.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for that offer. I actually did get one online. Just bothers me that for a vehicle more than $40k I can't get a manual. I'd like t have one for the glove box.
Is it just me, or is the paper like sack that comes with the manual a pathetic excuse for the traditional document folder that comes with most new cars? Again, this is a $40k+ vehicle. My entry level Toyota came with a leather portfolio (the same as my mom’s $$$ Lexus) and an ice scraper even!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I am assuming it was left open more then 20 minutes. I bought my Pacifica new in 2018. The same thing happened. It times out for some reason. I 've never timed it, but If I leave it open too long, I have to close it manually.
No, this was only after 3 minutes. The time it took to unload groceries. The service dept at the dealership witnessed it too. Definitely not an "extended period." Makes no sense to time out at all, never mind 3 minutes.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
That 800+ page manual will not fit in your glove box and leave room for gloves! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is driving me nuts too.
In the time it takes for me to make 2 trips from the trunk to the house it already is stuck open.
The worst part is the cargo door isn't easy to close manually. You are pulling against the resistance of the motors.
They have to resolve this issue. There are 3 ways to close this thing and none of them work.

·
Registered
2021 PacHy Limited, S appearance and Premium & Safety Sphere package, 12/2020 build date
21 Posts
Sounds like a timing-out issue. For me, it happens when I need to stop travel to avoid hitting the garage door above it. My C-Max has a height memory setting with instructions located on the lift gate (nice).
Correct, I have the same issue if I stop the door when opening to avoid hitting the garage door, it will not close automatically. I assume this is an intentional logic in the system.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited S Appearance - Feb. 2021 build. California
62 Posts
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited S Appearance - Feb 2021 build

Just chiming in here to say the same thing is happening to me. Just yesterday it was open for less than 2 minutes (I was drying the door after a wash) and the door would not shut off with a button (rear button, or the one above the rear view mirror in the front seat).

@ChryslerCares would you be up for chiming in here to let us know if the engineers are aware of this defect? Much thanks!

Reactions: kenchills

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for that. My car does not have working strip lights, just the headlights. Quality Control missed that one I guess.
If you’ve got the 21 Limited, it does. The LED surround is no longer a strip, it makes a backwards “C” around the head light. The headlight is now the DRL, during the daytime.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same thing happened to me with the tailgate on my '21 Hybrid Limited after leaving it opened for about 10-15 minutes with power turned off to offload stuff. Tried side sliding doors at the time and they worked fine, but had to manually close the tailgate since all other methods didn't work (i.e rear button in tailgate, overhead driver console button & remote). Car was charging, restarted it and now it all works fine. This is the only issue I've had with this car in short time of ownership, which has been great otherwise.

To those that got software update, what were the specifics so I can take to dealer for a quick repair visit?
My experience with ‘21 Hybrid is exactly the same as PNW. If it happens again, I will close manually instead of trying every other method.
We would all love to see a solution.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Update really isn't an update. Service manager got back to me to tell me that Chrysler has no resolution for this at the moment. Blah!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I posted over in the Chrysler Cares thread as well. Just bought a new 2021 hybrid yesterday and this tailgate issue happened on the dealer lot. Just figured it was a fluke, dealer couldn’t fix it and we just started the car to get it working again. However then it happened at home and I got online and found this. Would be nice to get a fix for this. My old Tahoe from ‘11 liftgate has no such timeout nonsense. Can’t imagine why this would.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid
21 Posts
@ChryslerCares can you look into this? I'm also experiencing this with my 2021 Limited - if the liftgate is open for more than a couple of minutes (such as when I'm loading/unloading things) it will not close with any of the buttons and must be closed manually. I understand that this timeout is intentional as it's mentioned in the manual, but the timeout seems way too short as it happens after only a couple of minutes. Thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Does anyone know if closing it manually is actually hard on it? Is it not actually designed for frequent manual closing?

41 - 60 of 92 Posts