2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Does anyone know if closing it manually is actually hard on it? Is it not actually designed for frequent manual closing?
It's okay to close manually.

Reactions: TedF

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Does anyone know if closing it manually is actually hard on it? Is it not actually designed for frequent manual closing?
I'm sure manual closing is fine but it is hard on my 5'0" wife, especially with a bag of groceries in hand. Crazy that they don't have a simple software fix for this and feels like harbinger of electronic problems to come with the van.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I can also concur that this is an issue on the 2021 with the tailgate refusing to power close despite sometimes being open for only a minute or two. It happens intermittently, but it does happen and is irritating. This is a much bigger deal to my wife since she is shorter than me, so it is harder for her to reach up and close the tailgate by hand. This problem does need to be fixed.
Seems a software bug that needs to get patched in the next update. Hopefully Chrysler is listening.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited S Appearance - Feb. 2021 build. California
62 Posts
Man, it has happened to me 4 different times today. The most recent time the tailgate was open less than a minute. So frustrating!

@ChryslerCares why are you silent on this? Can you at least let us know you spoke to engineers/devs about this, and what their response is? I know your job is pretty much just dealing with complaints and that’s not fun and not your fault, but at least communicate with us, please.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just chiming in that I also have this problem on a new 2021 - the power liftgate will intermittently not respond, requiring a manual close. I just bought the van last week - very frustrating! I agree that this is not really a timeout issue; I've had it happen after the gate was open for less than a minute. Really looking forward to a software update or some fix, this is a pretty serious issue that seems to be quite common already.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Just chiming in that I also have this problem on a new 2021 - the power liftgate will intermittently not respond, requiring a manual close. I just bought the van last week - very frustrating! I agree that this is not really a timeout issue; I've had it happen after the gate was open for less than a minute. Really looking forward to a software update or some fix, this is a pretty serious issue that seems to be quite common already.
I agree, Chrysler needs to fix this quickly. But, let's hit the Pause Button. This not a serious issue. It is nowhere near a serious issue. Most of us have lived for many years manually opening hatches and trunks. If your car doesn't start, that's a serious issue. The transmission eats its gears, that's a serious issue. If your snowflake melts . . . ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree, Chrysler needs to fix this quickly. But, let's hit the Pause Button. This not a serious issue. It is nowhere near a serious issue. Most of us have lived for many years manually opening hatches and trunks. If your car doesn't start, that's a serious issue. The transmission eats its gears, that's a serious issue. If your snowflake melts . . . ;)
If you're short, this becomes a pretty serious issue - tailgate opens high and requires pretty significant amount of force to get it down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is a serious issue. We observed the issue on the second day of owning the vehicle. Pretty bad design.

@ChryslerCares please fix this.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Pinnacle Hybrid
49 Posts
Commenting here that we also have this issue on a 2021 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle. Certainly annoying.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Pinnacle Hybrid
49 Posts
Hello Everyone,

We'd like to follow up on this topic.

Please know the "Tailgate Timing Out Too Soon" concern has been escalated for further investigation. Once we receive an update I will follow up accordingly.

Lamar
Chrysler Cares
Do you know or can we anticipate if this will be OTA or will require a dealer visit to reprogram?

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Touring AWD Velvet Red "S"
123 Posts
QUOTE:

"Please know the "Tailgate Timing Out Too Soon" concern has been escalated for further investigation. Once we receive an update I will follow up accordingly."

Lamar
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Do you know or can we anticipate if this will be OTA or will require a dealer visit to reprogram?

@cptcrunch,
Just based off history (ex. Sliding Doors & 3rd row stow & go) I would imagine this would require the vehicle to return to the dealer for an software update. However when I receive the official resolution, I'll be sure to post it on this thread if not create a new thread.

Lamar
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any updates yet?
My dealer is unaware of this problem and unable to duplicate the issue.
My wife is short and it is VERY difficult to close the trunk against the motor force.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts