2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Touring AWD Velvet Red "S"
123 Posts
"Any updates yet?
My dealer is unaware of this problem and unable to duplicate the issue.
My wife is short and it is VERY difficult to close the trunk against the motor force."

Having worked at Chrysler, DaimlerChrysler, Chrysler LLC, and FCA for 37 years, these things take time.
A resolution has to be found, then tested and then approved. Expecting an update in 4 hours is.....not gunna happen!
4 days is pushing it. 4 weeks probably.

My solution for a short person would be to use the side doors, seats stowed, for items, instead of the rear door.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issues here with my '21 Hybrid. Stops working when left open at random times. Hope there's a fix soon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Add my ‘21 Hybrid Limited to the list. 150 miles on it. Same issue...hoping for a solution sooner or later...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bought a new 2021 Hybrid Touring L last week and experienced the tailgate issue (leaving it open for about two minutes) on our first family outing over the weekend. I was hesitant to close manually as there's a lot of resistance when doing so, but couldn't figure any other way to get it to close. Terrible, terrible UX here Chrysler!

·
Registered
1 Posts
21hybrid limited, bought 3 days ago and have already had this happen twice. Chrysler needs to get in this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have tried multiple things to re-activate the tailgate closing button (turn car off and on, move van around the driveway with the tailgate open before trying again, using key fob, using overhead button from driver's seat) and nothing works. Anyone find any successful workaround to avoid manual closing while we wait for a permanent fix? Really hate forcing the tailgate closed -- feels like I am damaging the hydraulics every single time.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I have tried multiple things to re-activate the tailgate closing button (turn car off and on, move van around the driveway with the tailgate open before trying again, using key fob, using overhead button from driver's seat) and nothing works. Anyone find any successful workaround to avoid manual closing while we wait for a permanent fix? Really hate forcing the tailgate closed -- feels like I am damaging the hydraulics every single time.
It's useless to post another "me too" on this thread. Chrysler knows of the problem, and we will be informed when the update is available. It is a software issue. In the mean time, you are not damaging the hydraulics or anything else.

Reactions: Turtlestar7

·
Registered
135 Posts
When you have to manually close the tailgate when it times out, the high amount of resistance and the whirring sound generated feels unnatural/not right.

I can understand how people may think they are breaking/damaging the tailgate by manually closing it (even though it is perfectly fine to do so.)

81 - 92 of 92 Posts