2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
121 - 140 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Good Afternoon,

The TSB below that address the tailgate timing out.
Please feel free to follow up with us privately if there's any questions.

View attachment 47045

Lamar
Chrysler Cares
This is what I am talking about. You should be doing more of this.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you're short, this becomes a pretty serious issue - tailgate opens high and requires pretty significant amount of force to get it down.
My partner is short, and my nephew and nieces are short. I can't have them run to the vehicle to grab something because they've had to leave it unsecured and come back to tell me that they couldn't reach the gate of the vehicle. My nephew was trying to be nice and not trouble me, he stood on the bumper and fell off trying to get the gate to close. I'm certain he would have likely just hung from the gate if he had been able to get it to work. This is a safety issue, especially since this vehicle is marketed to families.

·
Registered
2021 TourL
143 Posts
My partner is short, and my nephew and nieces are short. I can't have them run to the vehicle to grab something because they've had to leave it unsecured and come back to tell me that they couldn't reach the gate of the vehicle. My nephew was trying to be nice and not trouble me, he stood on the bumper and fell off trying to get the gate to close. I'm certain he would have likely just hung from the gate if he had been able to get it to work. This is a safety issue, especially since this vehicle is marketed to families.
This problem is solved, please contact your nearest service Centre

·
Registered
955 Posts
yes.

Someone here already reported that his service dealer told him no such update existed, but plugged in--and discovered the indication that an update did exist.

Plus, Chrysler Cares posted the notice here on this forum.

Are you planning for a confrontation with your dealer?

·
Registered
2021 TourL
143 Posts
It's a new update, there is a TSB for the fix in the this topic, you could take that to them and see if it has been applied.

·
Registered
25 Posts
When I took mine for a fix last week, the update wasn't showing in the system they used to check me in at the service counter (it showed other upgrades, for PCM I think).

But it showed for the mechanic, as in the summary of the work they did, it listed upgrade of the software for it. So make sure it's mechanic doing the check of actual updates, not the VIN-based system they use at the counter.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
When I took mine for a fix last week, the update wasn't showing in the system they used to check me in at the service counter (it showed other upgrades, for PCM I think).

But it showed for the mechanic, as in the summary of the work they did, it listed upgrade of the software for it. So make sure it's mechanic doing the check of actual updates, not the VIN-based system they use at the counter.
It shows when the wiTECH device is plugged into the vehicle.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've had the car less than a week and have had two instances of the tailgate not automatically closing using any of the options, button inside the rear, the key fob and the button in the front. Didn't matter if the car was on or off.

After I closed it manually it worked fine again. Anyone know what may be causing this?
My 2017 does that all the time. Mine unlatches and stays down, so I have to open manually. Then it won't close using buttons. It will reset eventually, Until the next time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I've got a new issue with the tailgate! I keep my 2021 Pacifica Touring L Plus build date March 2021 in my garage. If I pass by the tailgate with the fob in my pocket, the tailgate will open without my activation. I have had to add a bumper on the door to make sure the tailgate is not damaged if it opens. I can't figure out why this vodoo issue is happening. Reminds me of the vodoo wipers on my 2006 Caravan that self activated even when dry. Never figured it out and the problem just disappeared. It was something about the clockspring in the steering column. Any advice out there?

·
Registered
4 Posts
On the issue of the tailgate not closing, someone in this forum mentioned that if you leave any door open, the tailgate time out will not occur and the tailgate will close normally. Worth a try.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any updates yet?
My dealer is unaware of this problem and unable to duplicate the issue.
My wife is short and it is VERY difficult to close the trunk against the motor force.
Hi! I wanted to follow up with you, I'm hoping by now you've already found resolution for this.

There is a software update that is available, which will help fix this problem. I just had mine completed, and about a week later the tailgate has had no issues!

I'd suggest requesting a print out of the codes that are being "thrown," when they do the diagnostic on your vehicle. Keep this for your records.

I hope this helps you and your wife!

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Well, I've got a new issue with the tailgate! I keep my 2021 Pacifica Touring L Plus build date March 2021 in my garage. If I pass by the tailgate with the fob in my pocket, the tailgate will open without my activation. I have had to add a bumper on the door to make sure the tailgate is not damaged if it opens. I can't figure out why this vodoo issue is happening. Reminds me of the vodoo wipers on my 2006 Caravan that self activated even when dry. Never figured it out and the problem just disappeared. It was something about the clockspring in the steering column. Any advice out there?

Hello,
Please read post #120.
That may address your concerns.

Lamar
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L
1 Posts
QUOTE:

"Please know the "Tailgate Timing Out Too Soon" concern has been escalated for further investigation. Once we receive an update I will follow up accordingly."

Lamar
Chrysler Cares
? Any updates on an ota/software fix for this annoying dead lift gate issue? It's annoying and embarrassing.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,263 Posts
? Any updates on an ota/software fix for this annoying dead lift gate issue? It's annoying and embarrassing.
As this is an update to a system module, it will not be an OTA update. It is already available only from your dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had the car less than a week and have had two instances of the tailgate not automatically closing using any of the options, button inside the rear, the key fob and the button in the front. Didn't matter if the car was on or off.

After I closed it manually it worked fine again. Anyone know what may be causing this?
I’ve has the same consistent issue on my brand new 2021 S model. After my 5th!!!!!!! Time at the dealership they are trying to tell me it’s a fail safe. Are you kidding me!!!! So if I have to keep manually closing it and the pitons wear out is that then covered by warranty? I’m sure not. So annoyed.

121 - 140 of 146 Posts