2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
I’ve has the same consistent issue on my brand new 2021 S model. After my 5th!!!!!!! Time at the dealership they are trying to tell me it’s a fail safe. Are you kidding me!!!! So if I have to keep manually closing it and the pitons wear out is that then covered by warranty? I’m sure not. So annoyed.
After 5 visits for this issue, you need to have a serious talk with your dealer service dept. .............or find another dealer service dept. altogether.
The software update to fix this issue has been out since early June. The TSB (technical service bulletin) number is: 08-097-21
Your dealer service dept. ought to be competent enough to plug the computer into the diagnostic port of the van, and update the software. The process itself is only five minutes. Getting them to do it seems to be the difficulty?
Best wishes to you!

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
? Any updates on an ota/software fix for this annoying dead lift gate issue? It's annoying and embarrassing.
Yes as @peterweb stated the TSB will have to be performed by your local dealer.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Lamar
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I’ve has the same consistent issue on my brand new 2021 S model. After my 5th!!!!!!! Time at the dealership they are trying to tell me it’s a fail safe. Are you kidding me!!!! So if I have to keep manually closing it and the pitons wear out is that then covered by warranty? I’m sure not. So annoyed.
If we can be of any assistance, please feel free to follow up with us privately.

Lamar
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Limited Hybrid
62 Posts
FWIW, I have had this TSB applied, and for the most part it resolves the issue, but not entirely. I've still had one instance where the button did not respond and I had to close the tail gate manually.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,263 Posts
FWIW, I have had this TSB applied, and for the most part it resolves the issue, but not entirely. I've still had one instance where the button did not respond and I had to close the tail gate manually.
How long did you leave the tail gate open before trying to close it? There will still be a lockout after certain passing of time.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Limited Hybrid
62 Posts
How long did you leave the tail gate open before trying to close it? There will still be a lockout after certain passing of time.
I’m not exactly sure. I don’t feel like it was all that long, but hard to say as I wasn’t paying close attention until it didn’t respond. Do we know what the official lockout time is now?

141 - 146 of 146 Posts