2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have been reading this forum for a while using your tips on my 2017 Limited and I want to thank you all for your posts, especially the ones about the rear entertainment headsets. I could not find an answer to an issue I am having so I hope answers to this post can help other people out. My passenger side mirror courtesy light stopped working (part# 68318294AA) and I was quoted $28 for the light but an hour labor to replace it because the mirror has to come apart. Has anyone done this before? I think I just need to pop off the mirror and that should give me access to the light but I am hoping for some guidance. I am also assuming that the mirror pops out like on other cars I have worked on.

Thank you all!

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Are they replacing the entire visor ? Easy fix , pop the cap , a few screws , mirror assembly comes out , unplug harness and repeat steps backwards and reinstall . Not a hard fix at all .

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply CANADAHYBRIDGUY, I am talking about the light that is under the external side mirror that shines down on the ground outside. I will see if I can snap a pic of it later today so you can know exactly what I am talking about.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
The mirror just pop off ans then you would undue the back connections for heated , blind spot , etc then you should have access to the internals .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is the bulb incandescent or LED? If LED, while possible, chances are slim that it may have burned out. I would think the wiring that goes from the body itself to the door, which has to flex every time the door opens and closes, may possibly be an issue. I know it has caused a lot of grief in my older ( much older!) other van

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Is the bulb incandescent or LED? If LED, while possible, chances are slim that it may have burned out. I would think the wiring that goes from the body itself to the door, which has to flex every time the door opens and closes, may possibly be an issue. I know it has caused a lot of grief in my older ( much older!) other van
if the mirror goes it usually will be the blind spot first . And it’s a pass side not drivers side , odds are it’s just a bad bulb

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are LED lights and I have already had one LED light go bad (license plate) from water intrusion so I am assuming that the same is going on here. If it is the wires then that should be covered under warranty but I won't know until I get in there.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,462 Posts
Unless your vehicle information has changed, a 2017's warranty has probably long expired.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the Mopar lifetime warranty that covers everything but tires, brakes and lights. So far it has worked out ok except when I need tires, brakes or lights. HA!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,462 Posts
I got the Mopar lifetime warranty that covers everything but tires, brakes and lights. So far it has worked out ok except when I need tires, brakes or lights. HA!
Or lights. Hmm. Please let us know how you make out.

·
Administrator
2,378 Posts
I recommend getting a 1-3 day pass to the factory service manual site or a cheaper alldata subscription that apparently has similar coverage. The service manual has instructions for all removal/installation procedures. I saved a bunch of files when I had access. I didn't save anything related to side mirrors or I would post relevant pages.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts