2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like most inventory on dealer lots have black seats. Makes finding an in stock car harder if you don't like black. I wonder why black is so popular?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Seems like most inventory on dealer lots have black seats. Makes finding an in stock car harder if you don't like black. I wonder why black is so popular?
It wasn't that way until recently. The black seats are newer. When we were looking in February it was nearly impossible to find a limited with black seats, everything was alloy and mocha. I have young kids and think the alloy is really nice looking but you'd have to be insane to get those seats with small kids haha

·
Registered
229 Posts
It depends on the trim level. For the limited, alloy seats are the default unless the dealer overrides the selection. For all other trims, black seats are the default.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Assume simply popular due to hiding the spills a little until there is time to clean on the weekend. Minivan = kids' oops moments.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I ordered my Limited with black seats last November. Everything in dealer inventory had alloy. The black gets warm inside if it is parked in the sun but it does have remote start so I could cool it off before entering.
The black with Diesel trim is perfect for my needs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looking in Illinois it wasn't easy to find a Limited with diesel seats that matched our criteria. We just love the black seats for both quality and appearance.
Here is a pic in case you needed to see some out in the wild....

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Is the black/diesel combination kind of the same as the black/alloy combination on the Touring L and Touring L+ ? The color combo looks similar to me? If it's not could someone please correct me and let me know what I'm not seeing? Thanks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a congac/alloy/toffee interior. This was hard to find. I had a dealer tell me the black interior is fine in the sun because the AC is really good.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think all of the available interior seat colors for the new Pacificas look nice, but for me, the Black/Diesel interior was the one that I had to have once I saw it...

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a congac/alloy/toffee interior. This was hard to find. I had a dealer tell me the black interior is fine in the sun because the AC is really good.
I liked that color combination because of the brown seat trim and especially because of the brown carpets. It does make the steering wheel look kind of cheap though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts