2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a different issue with the armrests. I love the room in the pacifica (still deciding on buying) but the armrests are horrible. I am big and tall so my arms don't even rest on the armrests. Any ideas on adding a cushion-type of thing on top of the console?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have a different issue with the armrests. I love the room in the pacifica (still deciding on buying) but the armrests are horrible. I am big and tall so my arms don't even rest on the armrests. Any ideas on adding a cushion-type of thing on top of the console?
BigBarry, I'm 6'5" tall 240 lbs and the hose trick fixed my issue. I'd say you'll be able to "dial in" the armrest height and be happy with the results.

Pappa

·
Registered
229 Posts
Simple option: as you said, put something on top of the console, like a pillow or piece of foam.

Option 2: Buy a piece of foam. Cut into an "L" shape the length of the armrest, and as wide as you want. Cover with material of choice, if desired. Place on top of armrest and console:

==========
==========
ARMREST====
ARMREST====
-----------====
CONSOLECONSOLE
CONSOLECONSOLE

Secure with velcro straps wrapped all the way around the armrest.

Option 3: Go to an automotive upholstery shop and have them make a custom armrest.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Not sure if anyone else encountered this, but that torx bolt holding the driver's seat armrest on was ridiculously tight on mine. Hand tools and a power drill could not budge it. I ended up having to use an impact driver on its highest torque setting to get it to come loose.
Generaltso, I didn't have any issue removing the bolts. They had blue loctite on the threads but came out with a 1/4" drive ratchet. Maybe one of yours was cross-threaded at the factory?

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Generaltso, I didn't have any issue removing the bolts. They had blue loctite on the threads but came out with a 1/4" drive ratchet. Maybe one of yours was cross-threaded at the factory?
That's certainly possible, though the bolt had no issue going back on smoothly after I finally got it loose. Maybe the factory worker that installed it just ate an extra bowl of Wheaties that day :)

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks like many have the same problem as myself

First post here. I'm a career Ford Diesel technician, now retired and teaching Automotive technology at a local high school. I recently started a summer job at an FCA dealer training express lane techs. Had the chance to drive a few Pacifica's, and after my wife and I decided we needed something with more seating than our 5 passenger F350, we went to the dealer and bought a Pacifica. We test drove another and then bought one that the dealer had in transit because we didn't want black leather seats here in the desert.

Mine is a 2018 Pacifica Touring Plus. Within 2 minutes on the test drive, I noticed the armrest was ridiculously designed. I'm 6'3" big&tall guy and my arm is not even close to touching the armrest. I am already devising an adapter that would bolt onto the seat and allow actual height adjustment of the armrest. I don't see any reason this should be all that difficult. Perhaps when I finish it, I'll get a batch made and post them on eBay. Probably start with a metal prototype but the finished product likely will be anodized aluminum that would look nice and offer color choice. Perhaps after the first version, I may consider a 2nd version that offers adjustable angle also. I stay very busy, but when I have a finished product I'll post and let everyone know.

M

·
0 Posts
First post here. I'm a career Ford Diesel technician, now retired and teaching Automotive technology at a local high school. I recently started a summer job at an FCA dealer training express lane techs. Had the chance to drive a few Pacifica's, and after my wife and I decided we needed something with more seating than our 5 passenger F350, we went to the dealer and bought a Pacifica. We test drove another and then bought one that the dealer had in transit because we didn't want black leather seats here in the desert.

Mine is a 2018 Pacifica Touring Plus. Within 2 minutes on the test drive, I noticed the armrest was ridiculously designed. I'm 6'3" big&tall guy and my arm is not even close to touching the armrest. I am already devising an adapter that would bolt onto the seat and allow actual height adjustment of the armrest. I don't see any reason this should be all that difficult. Perhaps when I finish it, I'll get a batch made and post them on eBay. Probably start with a metal prototype but the finished product likely will be anodized aluminum that would look nice and offer color choice. Perhaps after the first version, I may consider a 2nd version that offers adjustable angle also. I stay very busy, but when I have a finished product I'll post and let everyone know.
You've got us all excited now, so don't let us down! I'm looking forward to seeing the design and prototype process--I hope you're willing to share updates!

·
Registered
4 Posts
You've got us all excited now, so don't let us down! I'm looking forward to seeing the design and prototype process--I hope you're willing to share updates!
For sure. I need to get the materials, so I can get started. I've done a few mods like this in the past, just for personal stuff though. Seems there is a real need for a product solution in this market. Something that would allow quick adjustment up or down, and possibly angle options.

Wish I had a 3d printer, but I've always been a hands-on kinda guy anyway....more satisfying.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ve got the opposite problem. The armrests are too high. Has anyone figured out how to adjust the armrests down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
This is basic anthropometry.

Hgffrank is absolutely right - if someone can design a height-adjustable arm rest - yet durable - that'd be some patent. You want a right angle with wiggle room up and down.

But I have to believe (happy to be wrong) that seat designers and manufacturers have been looking for that unicorn for years. Maybe too many variations in terms of clearance across vehicles makes it unprofitable to produce.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts