2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passenger side door has been making a creaking / rattly noise since August of 2017 ... (I've posted about it in a different thread).

Authorized Chrysler dealer said - after being there 6 times - it will get worse and there was "nothing they could do".

Took it to another authorized dealer on Wednesday - today is Friday and I still do not have the van back. Whilst working on door issue, somehow BOTH passenger side tires were ruined and BOTH went flat. Nice. New tires ordered - to be delivered Thursday. New tires arrived - they were the wrong ones. Another set ordered and to be delivered next day air, first thing today. It's now just about 1PM and the tires JUST arrived. And to top it off - they haven't fixed the door issue yet!!! This service center is 45+ minutes ONE way from my house.

Seriously - I'm so over this!! I would not think a van with 19000 miles on it would cause so much heartburn - I believe all together the van has been in the service department over a dozen times - so many things have gone wrong, granted, nothing super big or serious - but I bought a rather expensive vehicle this time (at least I consider $50 for a vehilce expensive) thinking I would not have issues. That is certainly not the case. I can attest that I will never-ever own a Chrysler product again. Wish I could afford to get rid of it now - I'd do it today.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am sorry. I have had nothing but problems with my 2017 and I wish more than anything that I had never purchased it. It still isn't repaired after a year of in and out of the shop. I now believe that the long block needs to be replaced.

The dealership wants to do an oil change. After they grilled me (both the service tech and service manager) about when and where I'd had my oil changes done. Which tells me that they were hoping to pass off the problem by claiming that we hadn't maintained the van or that the oil was bad or something. Just can't figure out how they don't know the answer since THEY did the all the oil changes since the problems started. Including one the last time they had it in the shop at the end of Aug. Less than 1,500 miles ago. And the one before that in may with only about 1.500 miles because in July we complained that the oil looked dirty asking if they were positive that they had changed the oil like the maintenance records on Mopar said. The crazy part was that they expected us to pay for another oil change this quickly. If the oil looks bad again - that it a slap you in the face clue about what is wrong.

The Chrysler dealership that we purchased it from as Chrysler Certified Preowned did the one before that and they included complete records from before we purchased it showing that all had been done before they were due.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts