2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The locks on our van auto lock at random, generally when going around a corner. I've gone through the menu and unlike many cars, there doesn't seem to be a feature where you can select whether or not the locks engage automatically.
Am I missing something in the menu?

·
Registered
585 Posts
They lock automatically at 12 mph, not necessarily when going around corners. From the manual:

NOTE: The auto door lock feature default condition is
enabled. When enabled, the door locks will lock automatically
when the vehicle’s speed exceeds 12 mph (20 km/h).
The auto door lock feature can be enabled or disabled by
your authorized dealer per written request of the customer.
Please see your authorized dealer for service.

·
Registered
502 Posts
They lock automatically at 12 mph, not necessarily when going around corners. From the manual:

NOTE: The auto door lock feature default condition is
enabled. When enabled, the door locks will lock automatically
when the vehicle’s speed exceeds 12 mph (20 km/h).
The auto door lock feature can be enabled or disabled by
your authorized dealer per written request of the customer.
Please see your authorized dealer for service.
Supposedly the only way to disable the auto-lock function is by having the dealer do it. The last time my PacHy was in the shop I asked them to disable it and they did it without charge.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Supposedly the only way to disable the auto-lock function is by having the dealer do it. The last time my PacHy was in the shop I asked them to disable it and they did it without charge.
Yup. That's a CYA feature. Chrysler wants your written request on file for disabling a "safety" function.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Interestingly, my Charger locks past a certain RPM. I've babied it up to 25 mph before it locked, and other times when I get on it a bit more aggressively, it locks earlier than that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In the owner’s manual of my 2012 T & C, it states that the auto locking feature is based on both speed and accelerator throttle position. Hence, once over 15 MPH or so, if the accelerator pedal is not depressed to a certain point, the auto locking feature does not activate. Also, that is why the auto locking feature locks at different times, depending on driving situations.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Darn. Clicked on this thread hoping it would be about getting the doors to autolock after you've left the vehicle and the key fob is out of range. I'd like that feature!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Did you check out the UConnect app for smart phone? Says you can remote start, lock and unlock from almost anywhere.

I haven’t tried it yet myself, but that’s what I read.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Did you check out the UConnect app for smart phone? Says you can remote start, lock and unlock from almost anywhere.

I haven’t tried it yet myself, but that’s what I read.
I have the app and know that it can do that stuff remotely. However, it's faster to just pull out the key fob and lock the doors than it is to pull up the UConnect app, sign in, wait for it to refresh, tap "Lock", and then wait for it to broadcast the lock command 30 seconds later. I know this is total "First-world" problems type of wishful thinking, but I wish the doors would just lock automatically as I walk away from the vehicle. A lot of times, my wife or I completely forget to lock the doors.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the app and know that it can do that stuff remotely. However, it's faster to just pull out the key fob and lock the doors than it is to pull up the UConnect app, sign in, wait for it to refresh, tap "Lock", and then wait for it to broadcast the lock command 30 seconds later. I know this is total "First-world" problems type of wishful thinking, but I wish the doors would just lock automatically as I walk away from the vehicle. A lot of times, my wife or I completely forget to lock the doors.
I understand. I was responding to your previous comment about the fob being out of range.

Thanks for info on how the app works.

·
Registered
502 Posts
What is the downside to auto locking while driving?
If you are traveling with adult passengers and you stop somewhere to drop them off you have to manually unlock the doors in order for them to get out (every time you stop). It caused confusion in my van when we had multiple passengers making stops for drop-offs and entry/exits. I don’t believe it’s a major safety issue to have them disabled. The motors on the doors will not operate anyway when the van is moving. Mostly it’s just an extra safety precaution for times when you are carrying small children.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
There is a lock button on the inside of the door that you can press on the way out. Your hand is already on the door. You don't even have to get your fob out of your pocket. But don't leave the fob in the van since the doors may still lock (with the fob in the van) if you push the inside door lock button.:smile2:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
If I remember correctly, the doors will only lock on the 3rd time after the van has told you that you left the keys inside (the horn beeps).
If you use the square lock button on the door handle outside of the door, you might get three tries. After someone accidentally locked a child in the van with a fob inside, I tried some things with my van and found that if the fob button was pushed once or the inside door lock button was pushed, the doors would lock the first time. Be careful and don't assume the van won't lock with the fob inside.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts