2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can’t find my aux battery. Everything online says it should be next to the primary. Its not there. Am I crazy?
2017 Limited

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,489 Posts
I can’t find my aux battery. Everything online says it should be next to the primary. Its not there. Am I crazy?
2017 Limited

View attachment 47246
Does your van have ESS? Early 2017 Pacificas built in 2016 (without ESS) have only one battery, no aux battery. My van has one battery.

Link to post with video link on how to change battery in gas Pacifica with aux battery. Scroll down in the video link to get to steps of video.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for speedy reply. I’ll get it swapped out. I’m assuming that’s the problem. Runs at 14.2/3 but won’t hold a charge. After a bit it just starts throwing shifter error and behaving erratically.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,489 Posts
Thanks for speedy reply. I’ll get it swapped out. I’m assuming that’s the problem. Runs at 14.2/3 but won’t hold a charge. After a bit it just starts throwing shifter error and behaving erratically.
Sounds like it could be a battery issue. If you have one battery it is bigger (H7 vs H6) than if you also have an aux battery so be sure to clarify that when purchasing battery. There are threads about aux battery issues, but it looks like you probably have one battery in the photo.

This post shows the different sizes of batteries dependening on whether a van has ESS.

If you put your van info in the signature line of account settings it will show up at the bottom of your posts and will help us answer your questions easier in the future. Manufacture date is on edge of driver's door.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts