2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my car with the EES light on for 5 weeks, dealer says battery it is on order but no date was provided. My van is still under warranty but, what is tat worth if no parts are available? Chrysler should take care of the current owners in the same ways as it does with new/potential ones.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just had mine replaced last week(July 2nd) I have a MaxCare warranty, but batteries aren't covered Best of luck to you.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
917 Posts
I suggest that you go to Batteries Plus or some similar store and get a battery there. It should be a size 14 motorcycle battery and will work perfectly.
I wonder what the dealership would have to say if you had an aftermarket ESS battery and then had any kind of electrical issues.....????? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I wonder what the dealership would have to say if you had an aftermarket ESS battery and then had any kind of electrical issues.....????? :rolleyes:
The ESS battery is a standard sized AGM lead acid power sports battery used in millions upon millions of motorcycles, ATVs, lawnmowers, snowblowers, etc. I’m guessing the dealer wouldn’t say much of anything.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The battery that I suggested has the identical specs to the factory battery. The only difference is that it is a high quality battery. I am certain that if the specs are identical that the dealer can have no legitimate issue.

·
Registered
917 Posts
The battery that I suggested has the identical specs to the factory battery. The only difference is that it is a high quality battery. I am certain that if the specs are identical that the dealer can have no legitimate issue.
I am all for being able to replace OE parts with better/cheaper aftermarket parts. The owner does have legal rights:
https://apb-law.com/understanding-magnuson-moss-act-relates-aftermarket-car-parts/
...and if you have dealings with a good dealership there should be no problem. BUT...how many times have we seen on this forum stories about dealerships that don't know what they are doing or just plain give you a hard time about ANYTHING and they want you to prove what the problem is and you need to tell them how to fix it :frown2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sjambok......just curious, did you happen to get a price for the replacement battery you were referring to? When mine was replaced at the dealership, I believe it was approximately $130-ish and the service tech said it comes with a two year warranty.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
It is, I think that there are Left and Right configurations of this battery. I have forgotten which is applicable but both were in stock when I bought mine. The configuration is important because of cable placement.

·
Registered
935 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the advice. But the car batteries are covered during the 3year/36K M warranty. The point is that my bat failed during this period of time and Chrysler has not been able to solve this issue. If they have batteries for new models why not for backing up the "Warranty". Not happy with Chrys Cust Service.

·
Registered
685 Posts
AGM from Mopar is so bad quality and the ESS system so badly designed that the battery last less than a year. Its being replaced to much that it runs to backorder very often.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 17 Touring has been at the dealership for a week now waiting on both batteries. I have 38k miles so no warranty coverage and rental is out of my pocket. Never heard of a car needing new batteries with so few miles on it. This is absolutely ridiculous. Rental plus battery replacement will likely be in the $1k range.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Why

My 17 Touring has been at the dealership for a week now waiting on both batteries. I have 38k miles so no warranty coverage and rental is out of my pocket. Never heard of a car needing new batteries with so few miles on it. This is absolutely ridiculous. Rental plus battery replacement will likely be in the $1k range.
Respectfully, why go to the dealer? You can get both batteries for about $350...or less and no rental. Aftermarket batteries generally are higher quality than OEM.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Respectfully, why go to the dealer? You can get both batteries for about $350...or less and no rental. Aftermarket batteries generally are higher quality than OEM.
I agree with @sjambok. In the situation of not having a warranty, going aftermarket at a local auto parts store would have perhaps been a better option.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Batteries are a commodity. Mopar doesn't manufacture theirs. One of the suppliers (not the one Mopar currently uses) actually slaps the brand stickers on the batteries in the morning to fill their orders: three of these get Hyundai stickers and one gets a Ford sticker, two of the other get Chevy stickers, and four of yet a third size get Nissan stickers while one gets a Volvo sticker.

None of the car companies make batteries. Mopar has just been falling down with the way they buy batteries from their supplier. But cold winters, hot summers and little usage are all bad for batteries no matter who the manufacturer is.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
15 Participants
dcloes
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing