2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Okay, another question, sorry. :) Does disengaging the start/stop function help anything? I've left mine engaged. Thanks.
Disengaging will spare you the stop/start events during that ignition cycle, so the AUX battery will not be used to power accessories during that "trip".

I don't believe that the actual use of the AUX battery is the weakness in this system. It is the high parasitic drain on the batteries when the vehicle is parked, coupled with undersized (IMHO) batteries. The "first clue" that you need to address battery charging status, is the dashboard message that ESS is not active due to "Charging batteries"... You would need to drive for hours at highway speeds (maximizing alternator output), with minimal accessory system demand (A/C, headlamps, radio, etc.) to finally see that message replaced with the coveted, "Stop/Start Ready" message.

Keeping the batteries charged/conditioned while parked, just seems to be the optimal means of avoiding all of the ESS / Battery issues that seem endemic to the Pacifica.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks Col F. Much appreciated and will do. I can't do it on trips but hopefully the charging while driving will suffice then.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts