2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About once a month when I start the car and put it into reverse the backup cameras don't show the "guide" lines and the reverse parking sensors don't work. No matter if I put into drive and then back into reverse the system doesn't work until I shut off the engine and restart it. (I've checked all the settings and they're enabled, a restart of the car bring everything back online)

This is quite dangerous as one is expecting the backup sensors to warn about cross cars. I've taken it to the dealership, they kept the car for 2 days ran diagnostics and said they can't reproduce the issue and and they say since there are no codes they can't do anything about it.

Obviously it's happening and I've take a picture of it to prove it. This is a BIG safety issue in my opinion. If a system doesn't work it should not fail "silently" but should alert the user.

I'm attaching a picture of what it looks like.

I'm guessing this is a defect (in software parlance as "race condition") in the firmware/software of the car. How do I get the attention of Chrysler's engineers to take a look at this?

(2017 Pacifica, one year old)

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,512 Posts
About once a month when I start the car and put it into reverse the backup cameras don't show the "guide" lines and the reverse parking sensors don't work. No matter if I put into drive and then back into reverse the system doesn't work until I shut off the engine and restart it. (I've checked all the settings and they're enabled, a restart of the car bring everything back online)

This is quite dangerous as one is expecting the backup sensors to warn about cross cars. I've taken it to the dealership, they kept the car for 2 days ran diagnostics and said they can't reproduce the issue and and they say since there are no codes they can't do anything about it.

Obviously it's happening and I've take a picture of it to prove it. This is a BIG safety issue in my opinion. If a system doesn't work it should not fail "silently" but should alert the user.

I'm guessing this is a defect (in software parlance as "race condition") in the firmware/software of the car. How do I get the attention of Chrysler's engineers to take a look at this?

You can try to private message @ChryslerCares by clicking on the red letters to see if they have any suggestions to assist the dealer.

·
Registered
49 Posts

i know this is almost a yr old. mine quit alerting audibly but the green-orange-red lines are present. took to dealer, no codes, blah, blah, blah. said the sensors had a film on them and did i ever wax the vehicle. no only hand wash with carwash concentrate/cold water. kept for two days. they "scrubbed" (sanded them i think) the "film" off and had to touch up the sensor paint. now it half-a$$ works. i'm taking video of when it does and doesn't work and will be taking it back.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica LX
25 Posts
I have this problem with my camera. Ocassionally no guide lines. I haven't tried restarting the engine. I'm not aware of the sensors not working, but I live at the end of a dead end street so I wouldn't necessarily notice. I have a 2018 LX and it just started happening the last few months. Did you ever have any luck getting it fixed and if so how.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts