2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
On the 3rd of January I flew to Wisconsin CJDR dealer to pick up used 2017 limited with 65k miles, and drove back to NY.
Car was barely preped. Had them do extra cleaning while I waited. Drove back great, love it; but....
Car has brake tailight issue, one side only works and then the other when brake vs running lights. I have posted the issue separately, however the problem is the Chrysler dealer is basically saying "tough".
Is this normal Chrysler treatment?
Last August i picked up a Toyota Avalon for my wife in Indiana from a Toyota dealership, there was shaking in wheels, they said just take it to any dealer and we'll cover it. After trying rebalancing, new tires it turned out to be a bad wheel. And they covered it all, no pressure and all handled professionaly.
Point is, what a contrast with this one leaving a bad taste, Chrysler dealers whats going on here and what should I do?
Thank you.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,068 Posts
Hi,
On the 3rd of January I flew to Wisconsin CJDR dealer to pick up used 2017 limited with 65k miles, and drove back to NY.
Car was barely prepped. Had them do extra cleaning while I waited. Drove back great, love it; but....
Car has brake tail light issue, one side only works and then the other when brake vs running lights. I have posted the issue separately, however the problem is the Chrysler dealer is basically saying "tough".
Is this normal Chrysler treatment?
Last August i picked up a Toyota Avalon for my wife in Indiana, there was shaking in wheels, they said just take it to any dealer and we'll cover it. After trying rebalancing, new tires it turned out to be a bad wheel.
Point is, what a contrast, Chrysler dealers whats going on here and what should I do?
Thank you.
One option would be to "start a conversation" (private message) by clicking on "message" @ChryslerCares to see if they can suggest a remedy. You can contact them by clicking on the @ChryslerCares letters.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Did the Pacifica come with a factory warranty? It sounds like the Toyota did, since you could take it to any dealership to get things fixed. As far as I know, used vehicles are, in general, assumed to be in "as is" condition, so it's the buyer's responsibility to see what they're getting. Maybe if the vehicle isn't in "roadworthy condition" but was advertised as such you would have an argument but unless you can prove it was like that when you bought it I don't think it'll get you anywhere.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Looking at the pictures you posted, it appears that you have an aftermarket trailer hitch. Chrysler is not responsible if that wiring caused the problem with your lights. You need to have a reputable hitch installer check the wiring out, perhaps by removing it first and restoring the factory wiring condition. Wiring into systems with LED lights is more complicated than simply tapping the wires near the lights.

Summit CDJR in Fon du Lac has a pretty good service reputation, but I agree, they should have spotted this during a quick safety check. Perhaps a calm, friendly, non-accusatory approach might get them to see that selling a vehicle that cannot pass a safety inspection is not acceptable. However, you need to get it fixed and probably pay up front for the service.

Reactions: SciTchr

·
Super Moderator
1,974 Posts
This is a problem with long distance purchases.The selling dealer would fix the problem, but they aren't going to pay someone else to do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts