2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
@Karolski [PL]

Nice pictures, thank you. Good to know what that battery coolant heater component looks like.
Do you drive or live in a cold area where this heater would be used a lot? ....just curious.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L
42 Posts
@Karolski [PL]

Nice pictures, thank you. Good to know what that battery coolant heater component looks like.
Do you drive or live in a cold area where this heater would be used a lot? ....just curious.
Luckily not my car...But yes, we do have on an old continent quite cold winters, so I would say this feature is very important.
One of my colegues suffer this problem after recall W46, just inspection of connections... Of course dealer workshop dany any problems they maight occure...

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 2020 (previously stated 2021) Pacifica Hybrid sits in our garage, so the battery pack was about 55 degrees when I left this morning. However, the 35f air must have caused the engine to kick on. After then engine kicked on, I did end up having cabin heat. So, if you have this issue and you need some cabin heat, you can leave leave the battery discharged. At least, that's what I gather from this latest information.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
116 Posts
My 2021 Pacifica Hybrid sits in our garage, so the battery pack was about 55 degrees when I left this morning. However, the 35f air must have caused the engine to kick on. After then engine kicked on, I did end up having cabin heat. So, if you have this issue and you need some cabin heat, you can leave leave the battery discharged. At least, that's what I gather from this latest information.
I think the Pacifica uses an algorithm around heater demand. If the electric heat isn’t getting the job done then it’ll turn on the engine to increase heat output. Obviously if the battery state of charge is very low it’s going to just turn on the engine. Then it’ll use the engine turning Motor A to run the electric heat, supplementing with engine created heat if it runs long enough.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just drove home with 52° ambient air temp with my heater set to HI (just above 84). The engine did not come on and the HVAC system blew out “room” temp air which felt cold as it was close to 52. So, at least in my case, asking for heat doesn’t necessarily kick on the engine. In fact, this morning, my heat was off and the engine kicked on by itself once ambient temp dropped enough… that’s why I tried the heater to see if I had heat.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just drove home with 52° ambient air temp with my heater set to HI (just above 84). The engine did not come on and the HVAC system blew out “room” temp air which felt cold as it was close to 52. So, at least in my case, asking for heat doesn’t necessarily kick on the engine. In fact, this morning, my heat was off and the engine kicked on by itself once ambient temp dropped enough… that’s why I tried the heater to see if I had heat.
Interesting. Well hopefully they can swap your heater soon and you’ll be back in action. It might be best to not charge and leave your battery state of charge at “<1%” so it’ll run in Hybrid mode and give you at least some heat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So far, heated seats, heated steering wheel, puffy jacket does the trick. But if I have occupants in the back I’m definitely going to run in hybrid mode.

Hopefully this information somehow helps others.

I have an appointment on the 20th for them to diagnose the issue and order parts. Really hoping they can repair in a day once the parts come in as we don’t have a spare vehicle.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Were you in AUTO climate control or in manual with a low fan setting? If you were in Manual, try AUTO or try a higher fan setting.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts