2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Battery Heater Failure @ 8,000 miles

42K views 106 replies 44 participants last post by  mainland24 
#1 · (Edited)
Just thought that I would let everyone know of an issue that my PacHy experienced last week. At about 7,800k miles, the check engine light came on. I called the dealership and they said that it was probably the result of getting gas recently and to see if the light went out the next day. The light did go out the next morning, only to return later that day. While waiting to get service, it would reset in the morning, only to return later in the day. It did this for 3 days until my appointment.

My PacHy has been at the dealer for almost a week now and they have determined that the battery heater needs to be replaced. Currently, it's on backorder and they hope they can get the part by the end of the week. Based on the amount of time it took to get my car in the first place, I'm not holding my breath that it'll be that quick!

Not sure if this info is useful to anyone, but I thought I'd share. It's a 2017 PacHy that was built in August and delivered in September. It's been cold for the past couple of weeks. I live in South Jersey. The van stays plugged in to a level II charger overnight and I have not had any issues up until this point. I love this car and I appreciate it even more after driving around a Grand Caravan for the past week.

I'll keep you updated on what happens.

See less See more
#98 ·
Oh wow this is so bad. Webasto is going to owe Stellantis so much money after all of this. This kinda reminds me of the Capacitor Plague from the late 90s. This isn’t on that scale of course but something has really gone wrong with some of these heaters. You gotta think it’s some small component that’s failing internally en masse.

#100 ·
Mine is getting fixed today. I've been waiting a month for a part and with diligent checking, I found out another owner didn't ever come for their part, so I jumped the line. I'll be interested to see how long it lasts if they're replacing one clearly flawed part with the same one. I presume no one has any inside information on whether there was a massive manufacturing defect for a period of time or if the part itself is just going to be unreliable. Good news for chrysler is that if it takes the entire winter cycle to replace, people won't notice it's broken until the winter after.

#101 ·
My repair was done on schedule. That's the good news. It lasted 36 hours before the check engine light came on with the same dreaded code. All that's to say that I think we need more than some new parts. There's either a software issue or the design of the system destroys this part in short order. No idea what to do next.

#106 ·
I appreciate the heads up about making complaints to the NHTSA. I am having the same part with needing the back ordered battery coolant heater part and was not happy (and not surprised, unfortunately) to hear it’s a larger problem. I will add my complaint about this, and my numerous other electrical problems, to that database.

Does anyone know if we have recourse, and more importantly, what the impact is of driving the vehicle around while waiting months for the part?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.