2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Hybrid with a little under 13,000 miles. The battery mileage shown is dropping much faster than the actual miles driven.
anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
446 Posts
It’s no different than an estimate on how far you can travel on gasoline. Much depends on how much power you’re using at any given moment.

·
Registered
398 Posts
It's winter.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I think you better have a sit down at the table with Mother Nature and your right foot...lol...seems to me nobody wants to help you out ....

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I think you better have a sit down at the table with Mother Nature and your right foot...lol...seems to me nobody wants to help you out ....
Haha.. but seriously theres not much to help out with this post.

The others have already pointed out that its a normal issue in winter.. Unless the ops in his second year of ownership but by the sound of it he just got the vehicle.

Its a shame they release the new Model vehicles in Nov/Dec cuz the forum pops with range complaints.. then summer comes along and everyones braggin’; perhaps its better to be disappointed first and then realize its actually a pretty decent product come summer?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a 2018 Hybrid with a little under 13,000 miles. The battery mileage shown is dropping much faster than the actual miles driven.
anyone else had this problem?
how's the weather at your place? Heater always ON ? City Drive ? all these factors play.
how much miles do you get on a full charge. or what's the mpg on hybrid ?

i get no better than 26-28 mpg during these days. in Summer it goes up 32-34 mpg on hybrid. i even got 38 miles on EV mode in summer.

·
Registered
523 Posts
It’s interesting that people complain about range, any vehicle driven in colder months showcases range anxiety . Do people think their ice or diesel vehicles do not go through the same depreciation?. Sorry kids , no matter what you drive the cold affects it...

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Its just that ICE owners suffer from memory loss..

All they remember after a week was the guess-o-meter said 250-620mi range when they filled up..

No one audits ICE mileage like we do.. maybe when battery tech can give all BEV, PHEV’s 200mi+ range it wont matter either?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Its just that ICE owners suffer from memory loss..

All they remember after a week was the guess-o-meter said 250-620mi range when they filled up..

No one audits ICE mileage like we do.. maybe when battery tech can give all BEV, PHEV’s 200mi+ range it wont matter either?
Agreed. Driving my husband's BEV with a range of 200+ miles, we don't pay attention to whether the initial prediction when we started was accurate or not. The only time I've paid attention was on long trips, and as long as we reached our charging stops with sufficient miles not to induce range-anxiety, we didn't care. And I rarely kept the display on "miles to empty" in my ICE car... I knew perfectly well that it was going to guess around 300 miles and that it was going to come up short due to weather, hills, wind or heavy stop-and-go traffic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts