2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen other posts on here about the cold weather affecting battery usage. It has been super cold (in Canada) so I understand the decreased mileage. Mine is doing something else weird though - the battery will show say 85%...then increase slowly to 92% or so...and I can tell that I am using gas so am obviously not driving on the battery.
Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
652 Posts
I have seen other posts on here about the cold weather affecting battery usage. It has been super cold (in Canada) so I understand the decreased mileage. Mine is doing something else weird though - the battery will show say 85%...then increase slowly to 92% or so...and I can tell that I am using gas so am obviously not driving on the battery.
Has anyone else experienced this?
When the gas engine is running it charges the battery when it can. The regenerative brakes charge it as well.

·
Registered
341 Posts
When the gas engine is running it charges the battery when it can. The regenerative brakes charge it as well.
I would also think that as you drive it, the battery warms up and with warmth comes increased chemical activity and therefore more battery power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand that part...but the battery doesn't decrease while I drive. This morning it showed I drove 19 kms...all on gas. So the battery doesn't decrease but I am using gas the whole time..

·
Registered
160 Posts
If the outside temp is below a certain point and you use HVAC it will run the engine even with 100% charge. If you have the engine running for this reason it will charge the battery if its less than 100%.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts