2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah except range , towing , winter range , cost for a big 3 row suv ,
Dont forget recalls, fires, and unavailable parts.

Hopefully, the new ones have been redesigned properly. We need to switch to hybrids and EV's as soon as possible, but they cant be potentially setting your house ablaze.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
2019 Pacifica Hybrid

Currently reports 73 MPG

Recharge it every night.

Gas around here is $4.51/gal right now. Was below 1/2 tank so I put $20 of gas in it just for the **** of it.

Probably won't need to visit the gas station again until July.

Love this car.
Yeah, if you drive gingerly with a light foot on the gas and anticipating stops you can get over 90 MPGe. If we don’t make any road trips out of town we can go 3-4 months without putting gas in it.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I love mine. I do have to fill up a couple of times a year.
I now park a couple of yards from my house and have a wireless smoke detector (X-Sense) in the Pachy - just inn case.
Gas cars do catch fire at a rate not that much different - see the DOT data. Over the years I have seen quite a few on the highway.
I still charge in the garage and use it like I have for the last 3-1/2 years. Currently at less than a 1/1000th chance it will burn up I’m not too worried.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Dont forget recalls, fires, and unavailable parts.

Hopefully, the new ones have been redesigned properly. We need to switch to hybrids and EV's as soon as possible, but they cant be potentially setting your house ablaze.
Of course a gas car can potentially set your house ablaze too. I’m sure that there are odds that it will happen with either type of vehicle. You probably don’t hear about the events with non-hybrid vehicles doing this because they haven’t been sensationalized.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
I still charge in the garage and use it like I have for the last 3-1/2 years. Currently at less than a 1/1000th chance it will burn up I’m not too worried.
The first thing Iam always asking when I see the “ term fire is “, wonder what the charger install was like in the home , who did the install and bought off the work .

·
Registered
142 Posts
Of course a gas car can potentially set your house ablaze too. I’m sure that there are odds that it will happen with either type of vehicle. You probably don’t hear about the events with non-hybrid vehicles doing this because they haven’t been sensationalized.
I haven't heard stories of gas cars spontaneously catching fire and exploding while sitting and turned off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't heard stories of gas cars spontaneously catching fire and exploding while sitting and turned off.
About 20 years ago I woke up to neighbors the garage on fire. The fire marshal stated there was a electric short in the car and that started the fire. I am not sure how many of times that happens, or if that was the odd situation. I know the car was an old junker (gas of course) not taking care of well. So it can happen.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not sure if you watched the whole video, but there was never a reason given as to why the car was on fire. There were no other fires reported by any other car owner of that type either.

This is in contrast with the Pacifica fires, where we 100% for sure know the van itself is the reason for the fire and there have been numerous fires AND explosions due to the van catching itself on fire.

So basically that video is hearsay at best.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts