2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering when everybody thought was the best wax for my Chrysler. My first Chrysler I'm not sure about the paint in any regard.

·
Registered
227 Posts
That’s a loaded question. Jump on auto geek.com and you will find all sorts of fun stuff out there. I opted for a ceramic coating and love it. No muss no fuss for a year or more at a time. I’ve also used klasse products, they are a polymer wax that will also last a while, but a bit more finicky to apply. Do you have a buffer, because that makes a huge difference too. Without a buffer, I’ve liked the meguires tech wax. Easy on and easy off. I’ve switched on to some sonax products as well and they work great too. Really the skies the limit.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Ceramic coating! Its the future. And the prices have come way down. Even Meguires has some for less than $20!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Ceramic coating! Its the future. And the prices have come way down. Even Meguires has some for less than $20!

I’m thinking about ceramic coating too. How easy/ hard it is to apply? Have you done it? I’m hearing conflicting views on the web. Many say it has to be professionally applied after paint correction and stuff like that. I don’t even have a buffer. I’m only interested if I can apply it myself with hand after a good car wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The ones I've seen are the type you spray on while your car is wet and then you just rinse it off. Usually after a regular car wash. I tried it on my new car's wheels and it's hydrophobic like crazy. But doesn't keep brake dust from sticking.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
You are not talking about the synthetic polymer wax coating, (which appears to be distinct and cheaper from Ceramic coating- last about 6-12 months) are you?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I’m not sure either. Maybe someone with more information about these products can chime in.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I’ve used the Sonax kit and it was very easy. Two steps after the car is prepped. About $80 for the kit. It’s held up very well on my Audi. Haven’t done the Pacifica yet as I need to get a couple door dings PDRed first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts