2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's a little late now. If I bought the same Pacifica Hybrid Limited today vs. when I bought in May (December 2020 build), it would cost about $8,000 more ($3,300 higher sticker price and incentives are about $4,750 less).

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's a little late now. If I bought the same Pacifica Hybrid Limited today vs. when I bought in May (December 2020 build), it would cost about $8,000 more ($3,300 higher sticker price and incentives are about $4,750 less).
I've noticed prices drop considerably near the end of the year to get rid of leftover stock. So being more expensive now (less dealer/manufacture incentives) seems normal. The increased MSRP is something new though.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Yea, its beginning to look like I'm going to have to get another brand minivan. Unfortunately.

·
Super Moderator
982 Posts
Yea, its beginning to look like I'm going to have to get another brand minivan. Unfortunately.
Nooooo! That will be a bummer. You're one of the original forum members. ☹

Reactions: Norbert

·
Registered
693 Posts
It is a bummer for sure. I thought it would be easy to get another one when I turned it on Dec 31st. No luck yet sadly. I have looked at the Carnival and found it acceptable, I just haven't pulled the trigger on it.
John

·
Registered
ON ORDER - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Black/ Red "S" Appearance Package, PSS, 20" Foreshadow Wheels
276 Posts
After you drive that hunk of garbage for a while, you'll come back to Pacifica. Trust me. 😉
I wouldn't call any of the alternatives garbage, in fact I think the Carnival is a solid contender in the minivan class.

·
Registered
50 Posts
After you drive that hunk of garbage for a while, you'll come back to Pacifica. Trust me. 😉
Hunk of garbage with an infotainment system that works.

Also it's not electric.

·
Registered
2021 TourL
140 Posts
It is a bummer for sure. I thought it would be easy to get another one when I turned it on Dec 31st. No luck yet sadly. I have looked at the Carnival and found it acceptable, I just haven't pulled the trigger on it.
John
That carnival is pretty sweet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Biggest issue I see with the carnival and having test drove the SX (second from top trim) is that you pay $44k and it has no sunroof, middle seats use electric motors to recline and the TV's cannot be folded down so expect that to get damaged over time and also the dealers are asking $1-2k on top of MSRP. I just can't see myself paying MSRP for a KIA.

·
Registered
ON ORDER - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Black/ Red "S" Appearance Package, PSS, 20" Foreshadow Wheels
276 Posts
Biggest issue I see with the carnival and having test drove the SX (second from top trim) is that you pay $44k and it has no sunroof, middle seats use electric motors to recline and the TV's cannot be folded down so expect that to get damaged over time and also the dealers are asking $1-2k on top of MSRP. I just can't see myself paying MSRP for a KIA.
What's the problem with electric motors in the seats? Most vehicles have power adjustable seats. As far as the over MSRP, that's unfortunately the state of things right now. Hopefully same time next year things will be different, but right now dealers have the supply/demand upper hand. I'm waiting to see how the sit down will go with my dealer, when I ordered my van in November of '20 the sticker was $49,970, now it's $53,970. Due to COVID, they never wrote up a contract or anything, they made me do the entire transaction via email, except for dropping off the $1000 deposit of course. If things don't work out to my satisfaction, I may wait a year or so to purchase a vehicle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nothing wrong but imagine you need to get ppl over to the 3rd row and having to literally wait for the middle seat motors to roll forward, sure you can easily go thru middle seat but say you have an older person who might not be so limber, also KIA only gives you a regular non autodiming rearview mirror, you can upgrade but its like $400 which is ridiculous given the price point.

I have a Pinnacle hybrid on order as well, no contract just a write up of my order with the agreed upon price ($1050 below msrp) and still waiting on delivery, pretty sure if i cancel the deal they will be more than happy resell at a much higher price

What's the problem with electric motors in the seats? Most vehicles have power adjustable seats. As far as the over MSRP, that's unfortunately the state of things right now. Hopefully same time next year things will be different, but right now dealers have the supply/demand upper hand. I'm waiting to see how the sit down will go with my dealer, when I ordered my van in November of '20 the sticker was $49,970, now it's $53,970. Due to COVID, they never wrote up a contract or anything, they made me do the entire transaction via email, except for dropping off the $1000 deposit of course. If things don't work out to my satisfaction, I may wait a year or so to purchase a vehicle.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I am also looking at the Carnival and even test drove it. Solid contender for sure. Feels nice but more truckish than the pacifica. Still waiting for my PacHy..

Reactions: Mike E

·
Registered
401 Posts
Oh, I forgot to add. Kia will not deal much and has problems getting the model and colour you want. More or less full price for the Carnival.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Oh, I forgot to add. Kia will not deal much and has problems getting the model and colour you want. More or less full price for the Carnival.
During these times of limited supply, that's true of just about anything. One look at all the car lots completely devoid of any new vehicles tells you that.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I’m actually looking at the Sienna. They are least trickling in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts