2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok…need to bite the bullet and buy a Spare Tire Kit. We’re traveling to the mountains and will be in some remote areas. The van came with the vacuum option & the inflator/sealant which is fine for around town, but I need to be prepared for this trip. For now I'm just going to place it behind the 3rd row and keep the vac.

1. Is this the right part number for the 2019 Pacifica Limited with the S appearance package with 20” wheels? (Mopar only lists it under the 2017 model year and doesn’t mention tire sizes - so just want to make sure)

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Accessories - Spare Tire Kit - 82214534AB Requires Rear Quarter Close-Out Trim Panel: 5RK06DX9AC (Black)

2. Any recommendation on where to purchase it? I’m not a big fan of the local dealer.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Ok…need to bite the bullet and buy a Spare Tire Kit. We’re traveling to the mountains and will be in some remote areas. The van came with the vacuum option & the inflator/sealant which is fine for around town, but I need to be prepared for this trip. For now I'm just going to place it behind the 3rd row and keep the vac.

1. Is this the right part number for the 2019 Pacifica Limited with the S appearance package with 20” wheels? (Mopar only lists it under the 2017 model year and doesn’t mention tire sizes - so just want to make sure)

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Accessories - Spare Tire Kit - 82214534AB Requires Rear Quarter Close-Out Trim Panel: 5RK06DX9AC (Black)

2. Any recommendation on where to purchase it? I’m not a big fan of the local dealer.

Thanks all!
Any of the 2017+ Pacifica spare tire kits should fit your van. If you decide you will want the trim panel piece, then pay attention as to whether the trim piece is included and what color it is. The inflatable spare tire will fit in a stow and go well of a gas van if you want to put it there instead of the back since you have a vacuum.

Availability will probably be the key since sometimes the spare tire kits are out of stock. The one you mentioned seems right, but was discontinued on one website I checked. I bought my spare from the dealer since the shipping costs would have made it cost more if I purchased it online.

Here are a few spare tire threads.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/548369-post22.html
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/497-accessories-add-ons/35194-inflatable-spare-tire-vs-donut.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/458-tires-wheels-suspension/2674-spare-tire-kit.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools

·
Registered
280 Posts
On a side note, should you have to use it and put the spare on the front, be sure to disable traction control while it is used or you could damage your transmission.

·
Registered
341 Posts
On a side note, should you have to use it and put the spare on the front, be sure to disable traction control while it is used or you could damage your transmission.

I read a suggestion - had to do with donut spares, but applies here as well....

When you get a flat on a front tire, put the spare on the rear of the same side, then take the rear tire and replace the flat.
It is an extra step, but results in much better driveability.

·
Registered
368 Posts

Thanks all!
Being on a road trip not sure if youre stow and go will be packed up full of stuff but I remembered seeing people getting the kit and putting it in the stow and go area

·
Registered
316 Posts
Picked mine up on ebay for about $200 shipped. I'm guessing it was a salvaged unit. You might have some luck at a junk yard or salvage dealer too. Sits in the rear cargo area when we go on trips.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Should this be a sticky?

I read a suggestion - had to do with donut spares, but applies here as well....

When you get a flat on a front tire, put the spare on the rear of the same side, then take the rear tire and replace the flat.
It is an extra step, but results in much better driveability.
:surprise:

I was, until now completely oblivious to this. Could we make this a sticky?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Amazon has a few choices; factory and aftermarket.

I have a 2017 with the factory installed vacuum cleaner. The saleslady at the dealer where I purchased the Pacifica matched the Amazon price (~$300US); I've purchased a few vehicles from her over the years, so that likely helped. With a little trimming of the packaging material, it all fit in the stow-n-go in behind the front seats.

·
Registered
685 Posts

Thanks all!
Pay for AAA and you get discounts in gas, hotels, restaurants, etc. In more than 20 years I have not used a spare tire.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Pay for AAA and you get discounts in gas, hotels, restaurants, etc. In more than 20 years I have not used a spare tire.
If someone wants info on buying a spare, then mentioning AAA might not help (especially if there is no cell reception where they might be going). Everyone has different needs and concerns. Glad you haven't needed a spare, but in over 20 years I have needed a spare a few times and was glad to have had one. I also have AAA and appreciate it, but I would rather have them change a tire than have the van towed if the goo kit doesn't work.

There are already threads debating the merits of a spare vs the goo kit.

·
Registered
316 Posts
+1 I've never used my house insurance either! Making me reconsider. ;)

On my old Ody, I used my spare when I had an edge sidewall rupture after going over road debris close to Rawlins, Wyoming. Tire sealer wouldn't have helped and that's in the middle of nowhere. I don't think I even had cell service. Regardless, if you're going out of a AAA convenience area, it's good peace of mind, especially since if you're out in the boonies, that would also likely mean poor road conditions and greater likelihood of tire damage. I do hate the fact that it's still large and quite heavy, and half regret taking it on road trips when we back get home safely, but you could look back and say that about any insurance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for everyone's suggestions. Here's what I learned.

First there are ton of models numbers for the inflatable spare tire kit. (82214534AB, 82215588 and 822115589 followed by AC, AB, AE, AF) Most have been discontinued. The part numbers are for the 2017 & 2018 models, but I was told the tires are the same for 2019. Its rare to find the tire only option. Most kits come with an Alloy or Black Closeout panel, Tire, Jack, Jack Kit, mounting brackets & Tire Insert.

The actual inflatable spare is called a SpaceMaster and made by the Vredestein company.

I called numerous dealers and Chrysler directly and they are all on back order. I was told by more than a few dealers that they have been waiting months. Best bet is to call around and see if you get lucky and find a local dealer who has it in stock. PITA, but if you need it...start hunting. I used the Mopar 15% Accessories discount which can be found by logging into your Mopar account. Search for dealers and click on dealer coupons. If buying over the internet, shipping could make the cost prohibitive. It's bit heavy and large to ship.

I got lucky and found a local dealer with one in stock will the Alloy color Rear Quarter Closeout Panel/Trim Part #5RK06PDZAC. I grabbed it, but my interior is black so If anyone needs that panel make me a reasonable offer and its yours. I'm told it will fit 2017-2019 models.

I was also told by a few dealers if you have 20" rims to use the inflatable spare on the rear tires only (so as to not mess up the trans). So if I get a flat (bite my tongue) in one of the front tires I'll move the same side rear tire up and put the spare on the rear. Better to be safe. If I'm changing a tire, what's one more.

When around town, I can rely on AAA, but I'm glad I got the spare for peace of mind when driving out of service range. Its like any insurance...I'll be happy if I never have to use it - but **** glad I have it when I do.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
do the inflatable spare tire kits work on the 2019 Pacifica Hybrids as well? I really hate not having a spare tire.
I'm pretty sure the spare tire fits the hybrid, but it can't be stored in the stow n go well (since batteries are in that space in hybrids) or in the enclosed area in the back on the driver's side (since there is a battery and charger cord there). A spare would have to go in the cargo area or possibly on the roof. See the thread below about a spare for the hybrid.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/433-2017-chrysler-pacifica-phev-hybrid-general-discussion/28426-2018-hybrid-spare-tire.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools

1 - 16 of 16 Posts