2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Can someone clarifying what alloy seat is? Is it just a color or a build type?
It's just a color. Alloy is a very light gray...almost white.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the clarification. That was what I wanted. So u ordered a car with black / alloy interior. But the car came black /back even though the sticker says black / alloy. What should I do? I don't like the black seats

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
So the interior color doesn't match what you ordered and what the window sticker says? Sounds like a mistake at the factory. What did you dealer say? If it's a Chrysler mistake, I would think they would do something to take care of you. Not sure if it's possible to swap all the colored components, so the solution may be to order another one at a discount.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. I wasn't too happy with the color. Dealer said that's the alloy (grey) color only comes in limited model. But I even showed him the brochure showing the alloy grey in l plus model which I bought.

·
Registered
81 Posts
So the interior color doesn't match what you ordered and what the window sticker says?
My guess is it does match what was ordered and the window sticker.
If I look at the "Black / Alloy interior color" on a Touring or Touring L model on the web "build and price" tool, it looks to me like the seats are black, the panels on the side are Alloy.
And maybe some of the stitching on the seats is Alloy color (hard to tell)
Then there's a separate option to change it to Alloy Seats.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
I see what you're saying. The Black/Alloy comes with black seats by default. But you can "add" alloy seats without any upcharge. Boovu6, do you see "Alloy Seats" added on your window sticker? Do you recall discussing with your dealer which color seats you wanted? If I had to guess, I would bet the dealer didn't even know the color was an option, though they should know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah. I specifically told the sales person I didn't like black since he tried to sell me a car with black seats prior to this. I said I wanted black / alloy (light grey) seats. The sticker says interior color is black / alloy but also under it says interior leather perforated bucket seats. Does not specify any specific Color

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
It sounds like it was the dealer's mistake then, not Chrysler's. It sucks but it happens. My dealer ordered a 7 passenger for me even though I was quite clear that I wanted an 8 passenger. In the end, they had to place another order and gave me an additional discount.

You can ask the dealer if they'll swap the seats with another Pacifica if they have one with alloy seats on the lot. But I doubt they will.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gonna have to try and work it out with the dealership. Wife and I really don't like the black seats. We plan on keeping this car for 8yrs so it's going to be an issue for us.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Did you already purchase the car or is it still at the dealership?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haven't purchased the car yet. Dealership said the car finally arrived on lot. Was excited to go pick it up until I saw the pic of the inside of the car he sent. So not sure what to do now as we're not happy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Haven't purchased the car yet. Dealership said the car finally arrived on lot. Was excited to go pick it up until I saw the pic of the inside of the car he sent. So not sure what to do now as we're not happy.
If you told them "Black / Alloy interior" then you didn't actually tell them that you wanted light seats. (You might have thought that phrase meant alloy color seats, but it doesn't)
If you told them that you didn't want black seats, but wanted alloy seats, then it's at least partly their fault.

If you haven't taken delivery you can talk to them about the mistake and see what they can do to resolve it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the feedback guys. I specifically told them back / alloy light grey seats and no black seats. There's no alloy under the options part. Only saw black / alloy in the interior section. I'm usually very detailed when it comes to specifics like this. But since I saw black / alloy on the interior I thought that was it and didn't bother to look for it in the options description. Definitely a miscommunication on both parties. Wish Chrysler would point out the seat color or specificy it a bit clearer. Seat color makes a big difference to me.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
I hear ya. It's hard to notice when something is NOT on a list, especially when that thing is a $0 option that doesn't change the price at all. That's exactly what happened when I didn't notice that the 8 passenger option wasn't on my original order. So yes, part of the blame for that was on me for not noticing, but part of the blame was also on the dealer because I was quite clear from the beginning that I wanted the 8 passenger version. I think your situation is exactly the same. They should have added the Alloy Seat option to your order based on what you told them that you wanted, so part of the blame is on them. Part of the blame is on you for not noticing it was missing from the order sheet, but enough of the blame is on the dealer that they should make it right. Did the dealer admit to any error on their part when you pointed out that the seats weren't the color you wanted?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No. They didn't admit any fault. They just stated that it was the only option and that the grey seats only come in the limited. Which is totally not true. If they would have said that it was a misunderstanding that it was missed I might have been OK with that answer. Not totally happy with that but at least it would have been an honest answer as suppose to telling me that it only comes in limited model. I know about the alloy seat selection in the build tool but I always second guess myself thinking that the dealer is more knowledgeable then me when it comes to what options I can have. Which is why I came here for some clarification.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
No. They didn't admit any fault. They just stated that it was the only option and that the grey seats only come in the limited. Which is totally not true.
I think the first thing you need to do is go to the dealer and have them sit down at a computer with you and go through the Build & Price section on Chrysler's website. Once they see that they're wrong about black being the only option, hopefully, they'll be more willing to work with you on a solution.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Chrysler did a poor job with the interior color naming on the Pacifica.
As previously pointed out Black/Alloy can mean black seats or alloy seats. But you need to add alloy separately. Took me a bit to figure that out when searching the inventory.

Many dealers seems to be unaware of all the interior color combinations. They seem to mostly order black for the cars on the lot. I had one tell me there's no cognac/toffee/alloy seats.

It also messes up the web site inventory search because there's no way to search for cognac/toffee/alloy or deep mocha (limited only). Your only choices for interior are "black" or "alloy" seats which is ambiguous. I actually emailed Chrysler support about this. They told me to do the whole build and price thing and then search. But that doesn't make a difference and I didn't get any addition response when I replied to tell them that.

The dealer I spoke to about ordering today said you can back out of buying the car and get your "goodwill" money back. So I would consider refusing the car. They'll be able to sell it to someone else.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts