2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Carl was very responsive to my request for a quote under the Black Friday special. I haven't yet made a decision, but wanted to let you know he's seems diligent in working with us.
You have been considering a Pacifica since 2016 (forum join date) and haven't made a decision yet?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
You have been considering a Pacifica since 2016 (forum join date) and haven't made a decision yet?

Ha ha. That was a keen observation, but yes some people do take their time. Also it’s possible that the decision was postponed due to some other pressing needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I believe I joined the forum in Jan 2017 when the decision for minivan was being considered, took another 8 months before I ordered mine and got it delivered in Nov 2017. That’s close to a year.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I believe I joined the forum in Jan 2017 when the decision for minivan was being considered, took another 8 months before I ordered mine and got it delivered in Nov 2017. That’s close to a year.

It appears that in many parts of the country, ordering a vehicle is the norm. Is that observation correct? Here in California the dealers stock so many vehicles that it would be hard to imagine that one couldn't find what they wanted in stock. Mine came equipped exactly as we wanted with the exception of the roof rack and mud flaps which we have ordered as they are easily installed Mopar parts. I wouldn't order a van just to have the two easily added options arrive with the vehicle.

·
Registered
60 Posts

Decided the '17s had too many issues being the first year of the new model. Leased a Sienna instead and it's near time to replace it. Still attracted to the features of the Pacifica particularly Stow & Go, but loved the reliability of the Sienna.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Decided the '17s had too many issues being the first year of the new model. Leased a Sienna instead and it's near time to replace it. Still attracted to the features of the Pacifica particularly Stow & Go, but loved the reliability of the Sienna.
Take the plunge. You will be pleasantly surprised. My neighbor always drove (boring) Honda's and Toyota's. She would drive them 8-10 years, then replace them when they had problems. In 2008 she fell in love with the Dodge Charger Dub edition. She bought it and is still driving/enjoying it with fewer problems than she experienced with the Honda's and Toyota's in similar time periods.

·
Vendor
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wouldn't say ordering the vehicle is the norm, but you do tend to see it more on the high end Pacificas and Pacifica Hybrids. I'd say about 20% of our Pacifica Buyers are factory orders. We try to stock between 70-100 Pacificas and Pacifica Hybrids, but it's impossible to stock every possible combination in volume. We do our inventory ordering based on what is selling, not only at our dealership, but in our zone as well. A client may want an option that is just not as popular so it doesn't get ordered frequently and whenever the option or accessory is available through Mopar, we go that route as well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I wouldn't say ordering the vehicle is the norm, but you do tend to see it more on the high end Pacificas and Pacifica Hybrids. I'd say about 20% of our Pacifica Buyers are factory orders. We try to stock between 70-100 Pacificas and Pacifica Hybrids, but it's impossible to stock every possible combination in volume. We do our inventory ordering based on what is selling, not only at our dealership, but in our zone as well. A client may want an option that is just not as popular so it doesn't get ordered frequently and whenever the option or accessory is available through Mopar, we go that route as well.
Logical. Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts