2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Red S Edition
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I crazy?

Here's the black noise rims as shown on chrysler website when you build a 2020... they look.... black

But my 2020 Red S van has rims that look like this....

If I didn't know better I'd say these rims are color matched to the van (granite grey or whatever)

So... am I crazy? I obviously see other vans driving around but no red S ones (ever) and none with rims that look like mine.

Was this a red S thing? Am I just plain wrong and this color is what "black noise" looks like?

Thanks for entertaining my silly question.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Yuppy that’s the rim , and it’s definitely all about the play on words . Especially since there are many shades / hues of black . But welcome to the ice vs hybrid differentiation.. lol..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yuppy that’s the rim , and it’s definitely all about the play on words . Especially since there are many shades / hues of black . But welcome to the ice vs hybrid differentiation.. lol..
So am I interpreting your response correct? Gas vs hybrid come in different colors?
grey ain't black! Lol

I get the name=BS. That's just marketing mumbo jumbo....but black my rims ain't.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I have 20 inch pure black “s “ rims from a gas version and they are black . The ehybrid rim your showing is called that but actually is a shade of black . It’s a nice rim but most assume it’s going to be black , hence the name of it . The 20 gas versions rims are super rare to come by but I like them much better than the hybrid rims . And you don’t lose really any mileage compared to the ehybrid version .

·
Registered
74 Posts
I ended up getting a set a the factory 20-in “s” wheels for my 2021 Hybrid. They are definitely not black but more of a charcoal color. I really like the look of them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up getting a set a the factory 20-in “s” wheels for my 2021 Hybrid. They are definitely not black but more of a charcoal color. I really like the look of them.

View attachment 46882
Agreed! Those look great. oem? Replicas? Point me where you got those please!

I dare say these 18's are a little too small for the size of this van.
I live on Michigan so pot holes are life, ie - sidewall on tires is a must. But when you feel the vehicle in a turn lean as the tire flexes....probably too much sidewall.

We'll see. Maybe I'll buy some 20's if I find a set I like...but this hybrid rim color has me hooked on their look. That might be my custom touch to whatever I do....getting then painted to match the van.

I've bookmarked these I found ..a bit pricey but I think they have a "hybrid vehicle" look about 'em

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have 20 inch pure black “s “ rims from a gas version and they are black . The ehybrid rim your showing is called that but actually is a shade of black . It’s a nice rim but most assume it’s going to be black , hence the name of it . The 20 gas versions rims are super rare to come by but I like them much better than the hybrid rims . And you don’t lose really any mileage compared to the ehybrid version .
Ok. I follow (finally). Thanks for explaining!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Detroit tire and rim has either outright purchase or purchase and give them your old ones . The 20’s help this van with its 245 50 20 tire and rim combo . Just make sure whatever tire you go to that it’s load rated for the ehybrid weight . There are also so great tires for electric vehicles with minimal loss of mpg for rolling resistance as well . Rim looks awesome in black I think, especially if you have a white or black exterior colour .

·
Registered
74 Posts
Agreed! Those look great. oem? Replicas? Point me where you got those please!

I dare say these 18's are a little too small for the size of this van.
I live on Michigan so pot holes are life, ie - sidewall on tires is a must. But when you feel the vehicle in a turn lean as the tire flexes....probably too much sidewall.

We'll see. Maybe I'll buy some 20's if I find a set I like...but this hybrid rim color has me hooked on their look. That might be my custom touch to whatever I do....getting then painted to match the van.

I've bookmarked these I found ..a bit pricey but I think they have a "hybrid vehicle" look about 'em

Thanks, two of the wheels were used that i picked up locally. The other two i purchased new from an online Chrysler parts seller. I think I spent around $1100 Total on the wheels. They are hard to find, it will take a little hunting to find the OE charcoal colored ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts