2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the car back and washed.

-All chrome deleted (still waiting for the black badges)
-Wrap roof black
-265/40-22 tires
-Lowered

It doesn't drive any different than when it had the factory 20". It does lean less around the corner and more sure footed with wider tires. Wife like this color scheme better and my toddlers can now climb in the van by themselves.

Pretty happy with the result.

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
It looks great !!..22's look really good on these vans I think.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys. I think there was a guy wondering how Bronze wheel looked on White and I always liked that look so I tried them and turn out great..

Lots of these wrap pieces are modeled after FIPacifica. Thank you sir.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Love those wheels - and the SRTs in another thread - but I don't want to go higher than 20s. Horrible roads in these parts, and it's bad enough w/20s. Would love to get these in 20s tho.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks great! How did you delete the chrome?
Vinyl wrap. Lots of places that do them now.
So, how much did that cost you, I just recently learned about vinyl wrapping but have no idea of the costs.

and while we're at it, can you describe exactly what you had wrapped that makes it a chrome delete (besides badges). I dont remember whats chrome, since we dont have our vehicle yet. we have Limited hybrid coming in a few months and those chrome mirrors annoy the **** outta me. But I figure I cant get rid of that without getting rid of all the chrome.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Looks great! How did you delete the chrome?
Vinyl wrap. Lots of places that do them now.
So, how much did that cost you, I just recently learned about vinyl wrapping but have no idea of the costs.

and while we're at it, can you describe exactly what you had wrapped that makes it a chrome delete (besides badges). I dont remember whats chrome, since we dont have our vehicle yet. we have Limited hybrid coming in a few months and those chrome mirrors annoy the **** outta me. But I figure I cant get rid of that without getting rid of all the chrome.
Front upper & lower grille, mirror caps (swan neck design), window surround, door handles, side blades, lower rear bumper. I also did the entire roof and sattelite shark fin.

1st quote was CA$2800, 2nd quote was CA$2500.Then a buddy of mine just started his new wrapping business was able to do it for me for CA$1200..just pretty much material and not much labor since I helped him do parts of them.

Hope this give you some idea.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got quoted at $400 USD for the wheels, and $600 USD to black out all the chrome trim on my vehicle. /forum/images/smilies/frown.gif
$600 to black out all the chrome is the best deal I've heard so far 👍

·
Registered
12 Posts
Front upper & lower grille, mirror caps (swan neck design), window surround, door handles, side blades, lower rear bumper. I also did the entire roof and sattelite shark fin.

1st quote was CA$2800, 2nd quote was CA$2500.Then a buddy of mine just started his new wrapping business was able to do it for me for CA$1200..just pretty much material and not much labor since I helped him do parts of them.

Hope this give you some idea.
Super. exactly what i was looking for, thanks. I figure the roof is the majority of that cost, so it gives me an idea. As a random guess I was thinking 300 and up for the trim. I see that it will probably be that (more closer to "and up" than the 300 though, lol. We'll see locally).

Now, moving on from cost, a few questions about durability:
1)How long does it last and is there a warranty on what you got done?
2a)is it easy enough to have redone?
2b)And is there any damage to the chrome over time in case I wanted to take it off later for whatever reason(it seems like it would simply protect the chrome)?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2b)And is there any damage to the chrome over time in case I wanted to take it off later for whatever reason(it seems like it would simply protect the chrome)?
No warranty.. 😆 since I did some of them and they usually last about 2-4 year. Depending on how you care for them. If you use brushed car wash vs handwash or drive in harsh weather etc and it's fairly easy to just peel them off. It might have some residual glue after it's been on there for a few years but should be easy to deal with just Goo Off or similar.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No warranty.. 😆 since I did some of them and they usually last about 2-4 year. Depending on how you care for them. If you use brushed car wash vs handwash or drive in harsh weather etc and it's fairly easy to just peel them off. It might have some residual glue after it's been on there for a few years but should be easy to deal with just Goo Off or similar.
Forgot you mentioned DIY. Thanks for the info. Helps a lot

·
Registered
307 Posts
$600 to black out all the chrome is the best deal I've heard so far 👍
I got my roof, roof pillars, hood, fender tops, side moldings and all window trim done for $900. I had already painted the grille and bumper chrome and my emblems. Darn good deal as some others had quoted me well over $2000 for the same job.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Super. exactly what i was looking for, thanks. I figure the roof is the majority of that cost, so it gives me an idea. As a random guess I was thinking 300 and up for the trim. I see that it will probably be that (more closer to "and up" than the 300 though, lol. We'll see locally).

Film in Florida will last 2-6 years depending on UV exposure. I have wrap on my other vehicle from 5 years ago and still looks like new, but that vehicle is garaged mostly. I expect the black on my van to last about 2-3 years before it starts fading out and drying. I got 12 months warranty on peeling, lifting and install defects.
yes, easy to remove and redo.
No damage to substrate surface, in fact, it protects it !

·
Registered
12 Posts
I love those wheels. Have a velvet red 2017 Limited that I want to replace the 18s with 22s on. What make, model and size are the ones that you have?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like the blacked out chrome. How did they black it out, paint?

The tires look really close to the wheel wells in the rear. Any tire rubbing with a full load on bumpy pavement?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am way too cheap to pay someone to do the blackout treatment but I might dabble eventually. I want to get the front windows tinted, they have nothing right now. But find at night in a tinted vehicle I ride in a lot I sure don't want much darkness in the tint.

So appreciate the posts and pics, still learning.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I love those wheels. Have a velvet red 2017 Limited that I want to replace the 18s with 22s on. What make, model and size are the ones that you have?
They are eBay Hellcat replicas. 22x9.5 ET35. There are two versions of these replicas. One is all bronze, the other is bronze face and black spoke/barrel. I chose the latter so goes better with my black/white color scheme. For Velvet Red, I think all bronze might look good, too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts