2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was an older post about some of you installing blacvue dash cams. i have installed them in my previous van and the wifes car. I'm going to do the install coming up and I can't for the life of me think of a good location where it is out of the way. Both Front seats do not have any room under them, the rear seats are not a good spot. The only spot I thought that could work is where the vacuum would go (we have the hybrid) but I am worried about poor airflow. Anybody have any suggestions if you have already done this.

Thanks

RS

·
Registered
58 Posts
I use the cigarette light and run it up to the battery inside the slide out storage compartment below the stereo. Not ideal but it works. I also keep a usb charger in there that powers a cell phone that is turned on when the engine is off and acts as a hot spot in the vent it gets hit while parked.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion. Momma does not want it in her cubby but I'm going to have to make some type of sacrifice as there seems to be no good spot for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There was an older post about some of you installing blacvue dash cams. i have installed them in my previous van and the wifes car. I'm going to do the install coming up and I can't for the life of me think of a good location where it is out of the way. Both Front seats do not have any room under them, the rear seats are not a good spot. The only spot I thought that could work is where the vacuum would go (we have the hybrid) but I am worried about poor airflow. Anybody have any suggestions if you have already done this.

Thanks

RS

Not sure if this is an option, but we chose the "Blackvue BV-PMEZ Power Magic" cable that connects camera power to OBD port. It's programmable for time limit and/or battery voltage to disconnect power at. It's worked as stated for over a year now in harsh climates (0F-130F). The only disadvantage is we find it dangling (and not plugged back in to the OBD port) after bringing the van in for service.

Amazon.com: Blackvue BV-PMEZ Power Magic EZ (Pmez) for Easy Parking Mode (OBD Port Powered) (Original Version)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure if this is an option, but we chose the "Blackvue BV-PMEZ Power Magic" cable that connects camera power to OBD port. It's programmable for time limit and/or battery voltage to disconnect power at. It's worked as stated for over a year now in harsh climates (0F-130F). The only disadvantage is we find it dangling (and not plugged back in to the OBD port) after bringing the van in for service.

Amazon.com: Blackvue BV-PMEZ Power Magic EZ (Pmez) for Easy Parking Mode (OBD Port Powered) (Original Version)
Thanks for the link, I have thought about it, the only negative to that setup, and depending on who you talk to is the constant pull from the cars battery, although it should be small and shut off at whatever you decide, its not the greatest for battery health and with mine being a hybrid I would prefer not to mess with the a constant draw on the 12V battery.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Having mine connected to the auxiliary power has been a little bit of a pain. It blows the fuse every once in awhile and it can come lose. In hindsight I wish I had run it directly to a fuse tap or battery or whatever the other methods are. I use the obd for an Automatic tracker.

I’ve have two interesting videos: someone other than me driving my car off with the pump still in and smashing the rear view window when it snapped back and someone hitting me from the rear that was loaded on something but nice/high enough to pull over and tell me she had no insurance or drivers license (also other car). Because the camera was running on backup battery during parking mode it recorded her saying all of this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts