2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica touring L Plus and about 3 months ago the left blind spot monitor temporarily unavailable message comes in and the yellow light is lit the whole time on the mirror. Also when this happens the passenger window won’t go down. It is very strange and only happens about 50% of the time. Any suggestions or how where a good thread is to replace the left BSM module would be great. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2020 Gas Granite AWD Launch Edition
188 Posts
Or...

Does your 2017 have the Stop / Start system?
Cause if you or the previous owner haven't replaced BOTH batteries in the last year... then you should look into that. It seems that when either battery starts to lose it's "brand new, perfect condition"... then all kinds of weird little electrical issues, start messing up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same problem with the passenger window not going back up and blind spot not available. What did you find out to be the cause? Did you find out? Please help window is open and car not secure and letting elements in unless I plastic it.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'm having the same problem with the passenger window not going back up and blind spot not available. What did you find out to be the cause? Did you find out? Please help window is open and car not secure and letting elements in unless I plastic it.
That was from 2020 and they haven't posted since....
I would assume it was one or both batteries....

Reactions: Jeremy M.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,106 Posts
Agreed, when seemingly unrelated systems malfunction at the same time. The primary cause is usually the batteries. Also check for open recalls I seem to remember one for electrical grounds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you. I called Mopar to ask him what the heck's going on because there's other issues going on with the check engine light and the auto start also. And issues with the number three and number 5 cylinder and the fuel ignition. It's like all the electrical components are going haywire. I changed out all the spark plugs even change the number 3 coil and still having problems. Mopar says that there was two recalls and that that could be the issue with all the electronic problems.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,106 Posts
Thank you. I called Mopar to ask him what the heck's going on because there's other issues going on with the check engine light and the auto start also. And issues with the number three and number 5 cylinder and the fuel ignition. It's like all the electrical components are going haywire. I changed out all the spark plugs even change the number 3 coil and still having problems. Mopar says that there was two recalls and that that could be the issue with all the electronic problems.
First thing I would do is disconnect the batteries and load test them individually. Do not load test them while they are connected to each other. Second have the recalls addressed it’s a free repair. Last when it comes to misfires my favorite diagnostic is to just swap your suspected bad coil to a different cylinder. If it misfire follows the coil to the new location it confirms the coil is bad. If the misfire stays on the same cylinder you have bigger problems.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Hello!

Have you visited your local Chrysler dealership regarding this matter? If so, we are here to help. Please send us a private message with your model year and mileage for us to look over.

Looking forward to your response,
Hannah
Chrysler Cares

1 - 9 of 9 Posts