2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
1,112 Posts
Fair point. I don’t like the term goodwill though when they will cover up to 60k when the issue started and I’m only 2k over now after going through multiple issues. It’s not like engine troubles started at 62k they happened at 58k.
IF a Chrysler dealer service department made an incorrect diagnosis on your Pacifica at 58k miles, I might recommend you file a wattanty claim. The owner's manual, or warranty manual if there is one, most likely has a section on how to handle warranty disputes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
IF a Chrysler dealer service department made an incorrect diagnosis on your Pacifica at 58k miles, I might recommend you file a wattanty claim. The owner's manual, or warranty manual if there is one, most likely has a section on how to handle warranty disputes.
It wasn't a Chrysler dealer as mentioned above, didn't have 4-6 weeks to wait on appt. BUT I was supposed to receive a call back from a Chrysler Customer Care Supervisor this morning to go over warranty dispute but that time has come and gone with no call. Unfortunately, I cannot call them directly or be transferred as I was told they have to call me.

·
Registered
2018 Touring L
18 Posts
The comments in this thread trying to some how push the blame for what are becoming ever more frequent incidents of Pacificas with blown head gaskets and trashed engines with 60K- 80K miles on them are horse ****! Every brand of car is bought and sold every day by private buyers and sellers. They don't have this joke of a failure in their engines at such low mileages. The same thing happened to me and I no longer own any Chrysler products, nor would I ever purchase one again. This is going to end in a class action law suit and it will be well deserved.

·
Premium Member
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
1,112 Posts
This is going to end in a class action law suit and it will be well deserved.
In this I have no doubt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I wonder what other large mass production car manufacturers give goodwill dollars to owners who bought their vehicles used from a non-CPO source. GM? Toyota? Ford? Honda? Others?

This isn't meant to diminish the head gasket/cracked block issue at Chrysler. It IS meant to bring expectations down to a reasonable level.

Hopefully enough people who have this issue will report it to NHTSA and maybe even try to get a class-action lawsuit going. This is 2022. Modern engines should not be failing as soon as their warranties expire.
I wonder what other large mass production car manufacturers give goodwill dollars to owners who bought their vehicles used from a non-CPO source. GM? Toyota? Ford? Honda? Others?

This isn't meant to diminish the head gasket/cracked block issue at Chrysler. It IS meant to bring expectations down to a reasonable level.

Hopefully enough people who have this issue will report it to NHTSA and maybe even try to get a class-action lawsuit going. This is 2022. Modern engines should not be failing as soon as their warranties expire.
That's precisely my point, I'm not looking for a handout, I'm looking for simple responsibility. Its outrageous to imply that an engine built in this era would have a blown headgasket at 60k miles, regardless where you bought it, who you bought it from, etc. Its not the dealership, the salesman, the parts counter, or the service dept. Its a company that let a plant roll out a **** engine and are happy to have you pay full price for the privilege but won't stand behind it. This is sadly why the NHTSA has to exist, because corporations simply wont hold themselves accountable.

·
Premium Member
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
1,112 Posts
So who wants to step up to the plate and get the class action going? It can't be me because neither of our Pacificas have blown head gaskets or cracked blocks. Yet.

• Haha
Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
That's precisely my point, I'm not looking for a handout, I'm looking for simple responsibility. Its outrageous to imply that an engine built in this era would have a blown headgasket at 60k miles, regardless where you bought it, who you bought it from, etc. Its not the dealership, the salesman, the parts counter, or the service dept. Its a company that let a plant roll out a **** engine and are happy to have you pay full price for the privilege but won't stand behind it. This is sadly why the NHTSA has to exist, because corporations simply wont hold themselves accountable.
[/QUOT
So what your saying that every situation is the same for a diagnosis . So there’s only one way for a head gasket failure ? If you read the warranty any powertrain failure you will have to show service history , etc from day 1 of purchase . Any failure or doing so , gaps in timelines , will only deny a claim based on maintenance service schedule .

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Agreed! Lets get the ball rolling. I have no clue how that works, but my signature is ready for whatever they need.
Really?

Not original owner and out of warranty. Good luck with that. There was no class action that would stand ground when this happened in 2011-2013.

Even though Chrysler was under no obligation at the time to correct it, they did make it suitable for those with issues, but it was not until multiple reports were filed.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
It wasn't a Chrysler dealer as mentioned above, didn't have 4-6 weeks to wait on appt. BUT I was supposed to receive a call back from a Chrysler Customer Care Supervisor this morning to go over warranty dispute but that time has come and gone with no call. Unfortunately, I cannot call them directly or be transferred as I was told they have to call me.

Hello to you both!

We hear your frustrations and are here as an added layer of communication between you and your dealer. Please send us a private message with your mileage and model year to start a conversation with us.

@btigner12, we can continue our conversation via PM.

Hannah
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
Gas
Trim:
Daimler
I purchased a 2018 in April 2022 with 74,998 miles. May 2022 noticed air conditioner was not working properly on first use, realized dealer did not complete the used car safety inspection as well. Took into their service department was told no coolant and ac needed recharged in service 05/13-05/31. 06/13-06/22 back to service for bubbling noise coming from dash area, replaced actuator doors. 07/23 check engine light on with misfire 5 code. No appointments available until 08/01, van was parked during that waiting period. 08/01-08/23 was charged to replace spark plug would not replace coils etc that was recommended by the Chrysler dealership. 10/03- currently in service diagnosis replacement of head gaskets and numerous other parts related to the engine estimated over $4,000. 3 month warranty expired 07/11/2022, or 77,998 miles, current mileage at 79,912. Chrysler manufacturer said I could qualify for goodwill case manager would call me. They returned my call next day to inform me that no they were not offering and help with the repairs and had no reason as to why and closed the case. What are my next options for help with this repair??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Follow up on my experience. A few days after contacting Chrysler Cares I got an email from a representative who said they would be looking into the case. About a week after that I was contacted by Matthew from Chrysler Cares who was my case manager and walked me through the process. After a couple phone calls Outlining what had happened and the details of the car. Matt offered me a co-pay option. I would pay $500 of the $2300 repair and Chrysler would cover the $1800 difference. I accepted and after about five weeks of waiting for parts and ordering the wrong parts and finally getting everything installed, I now have my car back. My experience with Chrysler Cares was very good. Matthew spoke with me multiple times during the process and everything he discussed came to fruition. I still don’t like that I had a blown head gasket at 64,000 miles but I have to give credit where credit is due. I’m very happy I contacted them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So from this I got I'm supposed to buy a "certified pre-owned" directly from the dealership which are always more expensive because they include the price of the "free" CPO warranty in the car. It's nice to know though they factory-backed 7-Year/100,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty on them but will not do it on all cars. Feeling salty.
Nope. I’m still under crappy CPO and they refuse to fix it. Sent their lawyers pages and pages of these discussions and crickets. Total nightmare. They are ruining their brand and CPO credibility. I’m ready for new outlets and class actions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Follow up on my experience. A few days after contacting Chrysler Cares I got an email from a representative who said they would be looking into the case. About a week after that I was contacted by Matthew from Chrysler Cares who was my case manager and walked me through the process. After a couple phone calls Outlining what had happened and the details of the car. Matt offered me a co-pay option. I would pay $500 of the $2300 repair and Chrysler would cover the $1800 difference. I accepted and after about five weeks of waiting for parts and ordering the wrong parts and finally getting everything installed, I now have my car back. My experience with Chrysler Cares was very good. Matthew spoke with me multiple times during the process and everything he discussed came to fruition. I still don’t like that I had a blown head gasket at 64,000 miles but I have to give credit where credit is due. I’m very happy I contacted them.
Keep an eye on your coolant levels weekly. Less than a year after having this same problem repaired, same misfiring codes, blown head gasket, coolant intrusion and engine block warped. Im still under CPO warranty and they are refusing to replace engine. I hope your nightmare is over, but I’d be vigilant.

·
Registered
2017 PacHY 200,00+ Mile Club
318 Posts
Get it all documented now because unless you get lucky you'll be needing a new engine soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My wife's 2017 Pacifica is currently the dealer with the same issue. April 2021 at 57,351 Miles we took our pacifica in due to overheating and the check engine code P0305 cylinder 5 misfire. It was still under the powertrain warranty at that time. It ended up having not 1 but 2 blown head gaskets. I had no issue getting it repaired then since it was under warranty. Fast forward now to Nov 2022 and it has the same issue AGAIN. The same check engine code of P0305, running rough when you start it but no overheating this time. Took it back to the dealer that performed the previous repair and they say if its just a head gasket it will be covered since there's a 2 year parts warranty. Well now their diagnosis is not only a blown head gasket but also a warped cylinder head. The cost for repairs is $5808. I'm currently in the process of contacting @ChryslerCares.

·
Registered
2017 PacHY 200,00+ Mile Club
318 Posts
My wife's 2017 Pacifica is currently the dealer with the same issue. April 2021 at 57,351 Miles we took our pacifica in due to overheating and the check engine code P0305 cylinder 5 misfire. It was still under the powertrain warranty at that time. It ended up having not 1 but 2 blown head gaskets. I had no issue getting it repaired then since it was under warranty. Fast forward now to Nov 2022 and it has the same issue AGAIN. The same check engine code of P0305, running rough when you start it but no overheating this time. Took it back to the dealer that performed the previous repair and they say if its just a head gasket it will be covered since there's a 2 year parts warranty. Well now their diagnosis is not only a blown head gasket but also a warped cylinder head. The cost for repairs is $5808. I'm currently in the process of contacting @ChryslerCares.
They didn't diagnosis it correctly the first time. Needed a whole new engine. Warped cylinders were there from the start of the first blown head gasket. It's a known issue for the Pentastar engine but these dealership clowns act like they've never seen a Pentastar engine before when that's all they work on all day.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts

Hello again!

Our team is here to help. We encourage you to send the Chrysler Cares team a private message to better assist with your concerns. Looking forward to connecting!

Hannah
Chrysler Cares

21 - 40 of 42 Posts