·
Registered
13 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
Gas
Trim:
Limited
2017 Chrysler Pacifica here with 49000 miles, just out of power train warranty. Wanted to share my story, if if helps others. Same issue, cylinder 3 misfire. Final diagnosis after tear down is that they needed to replace they upper head cylinder. They state there is no warpage, however this is the diagnosis, I assume because they know what is needed to fix this issue. What scares me is that they are only fixing the right upper head, and leaving the original left upper head. I cant really argue much more than I already have about needing both due to a likely manufacturer defect, or a while new engine for that matter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here is what I heard when I bought my new Pacifica Hybrid 2018 in early 2019.
I purchased a service agreement and an extended warranty ($$). I don't like bad surprises.
(My wife bought a Subaru in the same year without an extended warranty or service contract. The regular maintenance visits are not cheap.)
The service agreement gives an oil change every 10,000 miles. The Service Rep at the time told me that was not a great idea. They were seeing blown engines at 50,000 miles and he thought the extended mileage between oil changes was the cause. I have been back to the dealership for various issues, and this Service Rep seems to the be senior guy and seems to be upfront and honest.
So, starting at 5,000 miles, I go to Jiffy Lube at 10,000 mile intervals and to the dealer at 10,000 mile intervals.
So far only have 40,000 miles on the hybrid, but, I have the comprehensive extended warranty to 100,000 miles, so, what me worry. I love my hybrid.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts