2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just got through installing these blue LED cupholder rings. They match up great with all the other blue LED accents. Had to remove console to wire them in, but was not too difficult as there is a 12v source right there.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Nice. I like that!

Reactions: FlPacifica

·
Registered
293 Posts
Very nice. Were those from eBay? Did you wire them to a 12v source that’s always on when the vehicle is on, or one that’s tied into the vehicles lights so that they only come on when your headlights are on? I personally would tie them into a headlight source which should also be right in there.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wired them to "always on" when running. Figured the blue around the speedo and tach is always there ,so this would match up. I considered wiring a switch inside the console, but decided it wasn't really necessary.

·
Registered
176 Posts
got a link for those beauties!?

Reactions: batman077

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thanks for the link. I may just have to order a pair for the Pac and maybe even ones with white LED for my Cadillac.
Question, does the brightness level seem good? What I wouldn’t want is them to be over powering bright at night.
If I get them I may wire to one of the interior lights that dims with the dash so that way if I dim the dash lights the cup holder lights will as well. Or they can be tapped into the ambient light dimmer as well. Plenty of options as far as that goes, but either way I think I would want them to dim with the gauge lights.

Thanks for any additional info.

·
Registered
176 Posts
He ordered 3.5". See reply below yours.
thats funny..posted 30-60 seconds after. i was probably typing my post as he was answering and clicking save,

Reactions: irpilot

·
Registered
293 Posts
Am I the only one not seeing a 3.5” disc size option? I’m showing 3 1/4” as the largest. ?!?

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Am I the only one not seeing a 3.5” disc size option? I’m showing 3 1/4” as the largest. ?!?
Sorry, my mistake...its the 3.25" ...its the largest one they offer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So just to be sure, these are wired in, and the cups would sit on top of the light disc? How does this effect the stability of cups in the cup holder?? Do the wiggle or move around more once the disc is in???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Very cool!! I’ve always thought there needs to be just a little more ambient lighting in there at night. These seem like a great addition. Thanks OP.
I’m also considering adding leds under the dash and under the front seats to light the second row passenger floor space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
293 Posts
So just to be sure, these are wired in, and the cups would sit on top of the light disc? How does this effect the stability of cups in the cup holder?? Do the wiggle or move around more once the disc is in???
I don’t have these but I don’t see how they would cause stability issues. They are super thin, plus cups are supported on the sides anyway.
Yes they are wired in and you gotta tap into a source of your choice.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They don't make any difference, the cup is held firmly anyway.

Very cool!! I’ve always thought there needs to be just a little more ambient lighting in there at night. These seem like a great addition. Thanks OP.
I’m also considering adding leds under the dash and under the front seats to light the second row passenger floor space.
Agreed, I will be adding some more blue LED accents up front soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t have these but I don’t see how they would cause stability issues. They are super thin, plus cups are supported on the sides anyway.
Yes they are wired in and you gotta tap into a source of your choice.
They are about 3-4mm thick, but don't make any difference in the effectiveness of the holder.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks for showing this mod. Looks great, I just ordered mine.

G.

Reactions: FlPacifica

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am also thinking about adding accent lighting to the seating area, my Focus has a nice interior accent light that makes it really "welcoming" at night... has anyone looked into something like that? I think it will go great with such cupholder mod.

G.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts