2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember the old story that pictures do not lie? Well, that may be true with film cameras. But it sure does not hold up when it comes to our digital cameras of today. I found a 12 volt source in the door that is not current limited like the ambient lighting. So I installed my blue LED light strip on the doors. Mine are 5050 size/type LEDs in a strip of 30. They sure make a nice blue light when you open the door. If you look at the picture all the areas that look very light blue do not show when you look at the door with your eyes. It may be a little lighter, but nowhere what the digital camera picks up. I think it looks nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
109 views and no comments.
Too bad this site does not allow you to delete bad posts.....

·
Registered
265 Posts
What was that source?

·
Registered
68 Posts
109 views and no comments.
Too bad this site does not allow you to delete bad posts.....
It's very very nice!
there, happy? LOL
so I assume you have to open up the door trim to get to the power? I think people here would be interested to see how you did that too :) would be nice to know how to replace anything inside the door in the future.

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What was that source?
A strip of 30 LEDs. Size is 5050 (I think).
Power came from the light on the bottom that lights the ground when you get out of the van. Turns off when you close the door. That light may only be on the Limited.

It's very very nice!
there, happy? LOL
so I assume you have to open up the door trim to get to the power? I think people here would be interested to see how you did that too :) would be nice to know how to replace anything inside the door in the future.
I'm not really sure.....
HillTopper has shown the link of how to take door inside off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts