2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving today, kept getting a storm alert - calling up the map option from the alert screen showed a nasty-looking huge storm and it said it was imminent, yet skies were clear, and when we got home and checked, no storm - seems it was from Monday, when hurricane rolled thru. We made several stops, it came up each time we restarted the car.
Anybody else experience something like this???

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Driving today, kept getting a storm alert - calling up the map option from the alert screen showed a nasty-looking huge storm and it said it was imminent, yet skies were clear, and when we got home and checked, no storm - seems it was from Monday, when hurricane rolled thru. We made several stops, it came up each time we restarted the car.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
ChryslerCares
Any assistance to be provided should be public, not private.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
460 Posts
ChryslerCares often needs a VIN, or other personal information to help set you up with a case manager for your vehicle's issue. If you go that route, you can always post your results here for others to learn from your experience.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,108 Posts
Here's a thread. Not sure it applies to your problem. It seems like the company that puts out the warning had a problem but it will give you something to read and consider.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a thread. Not sure it applies to your problem. It seems like the company that puts out the warning had a problem but it will give you something to read and consider.
I have gotten alerts before - this was for a storm that didn't exist - looked like the hurricane that had passed day or 2 earlier, but nothing was on radar that day.
Perhaps it was a WH 'sharpie' forecast. :LOL:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I frequently see storm alerts that aren't relevant. They're for counties that Im nowhere near.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I frequently see storm alerts that aren't relevant. They're for counties that Im nowhere near.
This was for my area. Other alerts in the past have been valid.

·
Registered
80 Posts
This problem is a known issue. The weather popup comes from the SiriusXM Traffic & Travel Link service which does not offer any way to disable weather alerts. Chrysler could fix the issue but they have not. I spent months and finally got SiriusXM to cancel SiriusXM Traffic & Travel Link service which should have been easier. I then resigned up for SiriusXM service only. The only time I still get the popup weather alert is when they run a free promotion.

Oh and as annoying as it is the alert does not time out and go away. You have to hit the X in the corner or OK to close.

Chrysler may have changed the interface on later models? I found a Youtube video on how to possibly stop the weather pop ups. Let us know if it works.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't mind the pop-up - it is just this once it was BOGUS. It showed a storm that was not there - as I said, I think it was from the hurricane that passed a day or so earlier....
Forget it.
Nobody else seems to have had the same problem and it has not happened again.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Those weather alerts are taken from the US National Weather Service and Environment Canada. They are automatically generated. The software for vehicles is designed to alert you to weather conditions in an area that is within your possible short term driving range and the projected time that it may be in that area. "Short term" is usually about 2 or so hours. It is still a crude system in early development. Hopefully someday we'll be able to option it for local or specific mapped trips.

·
Registered
147 Posts
we get flood warning all the time, I live in southern california....we dont even get rain.....its so bloody annoying

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
we get flood warning all the time, I live in southern california....we dont even get rain.....its so bloody annoying
Is your location properly set?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts