2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Molten Silver
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been watching this forum for awhile but never posted. I don't know why prospective Pacifica buyers don't but used vehicles after careful shopping. Frankly the 2018+ Pacificas are almost as nice as the new models. And they have Android Auto and Carplay for the techies. In January 2021 I bought a used one-owner 2018 Pacifica Limited with tow package and advanced Safety Tech. I searched a long time for one just like this - high miles (90k) but well maintained. $17k and 500 miles from my house - but I drove there (1-way rental) and bought it and drove it home For a $30,000 savings I can live with a few problems, and fortunately thus far there have been none. Why don't more people do this - I don't get it...

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Molten Silver
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome and congrats . I don’t know the in service date but I’d be purchasing a warranty .
\

Thank you - I love this Pacifica! Best vehicle I have ever owned including Audis, BMWs, Honda, Mustangs, etc... (although wife liked better interior use of space in our old Sienna). Regarding warranties: Sorry but IMHO warrantees are a bad bet. I would rather suffer the full $17k loss, and have the option to find and get the best care via my own dealers and mechanics without approvals, than pay for the biggest con on the planet - an auto warranty. For every 1 report of how much "it saved me" are multiple incidents of warranty not used, warranty did not pay for the deductible, warranty hardly paid anything, etc.. Ever wonder why the morning news report on your smartspeaker has an auto warranty ad, or why you get 1-2 robocalls each day trying to sell you an auto warranty? Profit profit for the seller...

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
\

Thank you - I love this Pacifica! Best vehicle I have ever owned including Audis, BMWs, Honda, Mustangs, etc... (although wife liked better interior use of space in our old Sienna). Regarding warranties: Sorry but IMHO warrantees are a bad bet. I would rather suffer the full $17k loss, and have the option to find and get the best care via my own dealers and mechanics without approvals, than pay for the biggest con on the planet - an auto warranty. For every 1 report of how much "it saved me" are multiple incidents of warranty not used, warranty did not pay for the deductible, warranty hardly paid anything, etc.. Ever wonder why the morning news report on your smartspeaker has an auto warranty ad, or why you get 1-2 robocalls each day trying to sell you an auto warranty? Profit profit for the seller...
Okay because there’s a lot of good people on this site will tell you that the electronics and computers in this vehicle is immense .

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I have been watching this forum for awhile but never posted. I don't know why prospective Pacifica buyers don't but used vehicles after careful shopping. Frankly the 2018+ Pacificas are almost as nice as the new models. And they have Android Auto and Carplay for the techies. In January 2021 I bought a used one-owner 2018 Pacifica Limited with tow package and advanced Safety Tech. I searched a long time for one just like this - high miles (90k) but well maintained. $17k and 500 miles from my house - but I drove there (1-way rental) and bought it and drove it home For a $30,000 savings I can live with a few problems, and fortunately thus far there have been none. Why don't more people do this - I don't get it...
Congratulations on your new car. Please post some pictures. I’d agree that 2018s are as good as new. :D :D

Reactions: bickleinny
1 - 5 of 5 Posts