2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-
I have a 2020 Pacifica Limited.
Going to make a cross country drive. I have a clear bra application but am wondering if anyone has advice on adding a vinyl bra? Guys who did the clear bra said it might be good on the interstate just to have double protection. I am looking for good quality that won't scratch.
Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have had a 3M clear bra on our 2017 & it has been more than adequate protection. Before going on a long trip I put spray wax on the bra & the bugs wash right off. I cannot imagine how bad the front would have looked without the clear bra. Best $ I've invested.

·
Registered
18 Posts
IMO clear bra is more than enough

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have had a 3M clear bra on our 2017 & it has been more than adequate protection. Before going on a long trip I put spray wax on the bra & the bugs wash right off. I cannot imagine how bad the front would have looked without the clear bra. Best $ I've invested.
This sounds like a great idea! I'd take it one step further and use a ceramic coating front. I'm not sure where you are but in my area there are CeramicPro shops offering ceramic car washes to cover the whole car for CAN$50. Not sure how long it would last but might be worth looking into.

Note: ceramic coatings are 10 times harder than clear coats.

Just my thoughts. My 2018 has a clear bra on the whole front end and a lifetime Ceramic coating on the whole van including wheels and windows. It looks like it's just been waxed everyday.

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
This sounds like a great idea! I'd take it one step further and use a ceramic coating front. I'm not sure where you are but in my area there are CeramicPro shops offering ceramic car washes to cover the whole car for CAN$50. Not sure how long it would last but might be worth looking into.

Note: ceramic coatings are 10 times harder than clear coats.

Just my thoughts. My 2018 has a clear bra on the whole front end and a lifetime Ceramic coating on the whole van including wheels and windows. It looks like it's just been waxed everyday.

I use Ceramic based spray wax.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Ocean Blue w/ Mocha interior, AST, Tri-panoroof, UTheater
56 Posts
I'm wondering what folks have paid (and their relative location) for a frontal paint protection (clear bra) film?

I'm going to do this for my 2020 PacHy, but the initial quote from one place (the best known local shop) was $2500 for the clear bra on the front, and another $2k for the lifetime ceramic application over the whole van (glass, paint, etc.). That total is 1/10 the cost of my van when new, but then they have lots of exotic and supercars in their instagram feed, so maybe their normal clients don't even blink... Is it worth that?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm wondering what folks have paid (and their relative location) for a frontal paint protection (clear bra) film?

I'm going to do this for my 2020 PacHy, but the initial quote from one place (the best known local shop) was $2500 for the clear bra on the front, and another $2k for the lifetime ceramic application over the whole van (glass, paint, etc.). That total is 1/10 the cost of my van when new, but then they have lots of exotic and supercars in their instagram feed, so maybe their normal clients don't even blink... Is it worth that?
Your front clear bra sounds very expensive, keep calling around. I'm in Canada, I paid CDN$1,500 for the whole front end. Whole hood, both whole front fenders and the whole front end bumper plus inserts on all door handles, covered the whole Hybrid plug door (because you'll be touching that daily) and a strip across the top of the rear bumper all to prevent scratches. I believe mine is the 3M 10 year warranty. This one is supposed to reseal itself in the sun if it gets a chip.

I paid CDN$2000 for the lifetime CeramicPro coating on everything. So if you're Canadian, I paid the same. Also, I've seen shops sell the whole car only option now, no windows and no wheels, plus with a summer promotion discount. I did mine 2 years ago. I'm guessing more shops are getting into the business, competition is increased so pricing should come down. I've seen a shop offer a ceramic car wash for CDN$50.

I have an Ocean Blue 2018 PacHy. I also have the lifetime rust protection from Chrysler so she should look better than the day I bought for 10 years guaranteed!

·
Registered
12 Posts
That sounds overpriced. In my case, Xpel Ultimate covering full front, fenders, headlights, mirrors, handle wells cost 1,650 USD including tax (Houston PPF, LLC), and I thought that was pushing it. I just completed a cross country trip, and there was no damage to the covered areas. The uncovered areas, including windshield and front camera, did get chips though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It costs $675usd to 3M film ClearBra ours, which covered all the necessary front areas + the side mirrors. I think I received a Senior Discount.

Shane's Bra & Tint Peoria AZ.

·
Registered
2020 Luxury White Pearl Pacifica Touring L Plus
45 Posts
Just had mine done with Clearshield Pro at a local tint shop here in MD for $1450. Full hood, full fenders, bumpers, mirrors, headlights. Another local dealer quoted $2500 for xPel clearbra. I went with Clearshield Pro and they (Winner's Window Tint) did a great job and it is unnoticeable until you look for the seams/edges. Didn't change the color or look of the van. Glad to have it protected now. I made a 400mi round trip road trip last week without the clearbra and held my breath every time we got up to speed on the highway.

They said don't wash or wax it for a 3-4 days and I have 7 year warranty to come back if it starts peeling or anything. I'm pretty satisfied with it!

Let me know if you want to see any closeups of seams, mirrors or other places.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts