2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
I am 500 miles in and averaging 20.1. This is a bit less that my Ody with the cylinder deactivation. However, I need to get some more highway mileage and a road trip in to see what it can do.
Thanks, John

·
Registered
80 Posts
Trip this weekend was the first time to really get the Pacifica out, stretch her legs a bit, and check out the highway mileage.
Van has 2,200 miles on it now.
650 round trip miles
65-70 mph
29.7 mpg on the outbound
30.5 mpg on the inbound
Happy dance, happy customer, and really lov'in it now! :smile2:

Noticed that the tranny comes out of 9th to 8th, or Lock-out to 9th, quite easily, and it does not drop back down the rpm until a decent decline. 70 mph = 1500 rpm in top gear (9th or lockout?), and about 1800 rpm when tranny drops the gear or lockout.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Nice. 30mpg x 18 gallon tank = 540 mile range! Nice road trip car!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
lol you do realize a hybrid will get 80+ MPGe on 90% of commutes right? even worse the hybrid cost about the same as the Limited after incentive, no reason not to get one ;)
Haha, I do think there might be a hybrid van in my future. I'm certainly down with the concept. We plan on trading at the three or four year mark so we opted out of the extended warranty. By then Chrysler will have all the first year kinks worked out, CarPlay going and the most demanded features from the Limited moved to the hybrid. If my dinosaur drinker is reliable for that period like my last Chrysler minivan was then they can look towards another sale. In the meantime we are very happy right now with our Limited. My biggest issue is loss of sto-n-go but as long as seats come out I can make do. I already have a 240V electrical subpanel in my garage so I'm ready when the time comes.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
kilimats;113625even worse the hybrid cost about the same as the Limited after incentive said:
This is not true. While the MSRP may be equivalent, there are a bunch of incentives on the Limited. You should be able to get close to 10K off MSRP on a Limited, while the Hybrid will sell much closer to MSRP.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
This is not true. While the MSRP may be equivalent, there are a bunch of incentives on the Limited. You should be able to get close to 10K off MSRP on a Limited, while the Hybrid will sell much closer to MSRP.
Kinda surprising with gas being so cheap these days but I guess batteries aren't exactly cheap.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Finally able to do a small road trip in my Touring-L Plus! Dallas, TX area up to Oklahoma roundtrip. Probably 20 minutes of "city" driving with lots of long lights. The rest were country highways (55-70mph). I wasn't hyper-mileing by any means, but still impressed. A lot of the highways even had stoplights/four-way stops.

177.4 miles
28.2 mpg
3hr 15min

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
No way man unless you drive like 60 or 65 mph. mine is average 25 driving 70 to 80 mph. i just bought it so i dont know if it will improve.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just rolled over 17,000 miles on the odometer so it's definitely broke in by now. I got 31.6 mpg with the cruise set at 70 mph on my last road trip here in flat Kansas. In 90 percent city driving (Wichita), my last tank was 25.5 mpg. I coast to red lights and rarely get on the gas hard. This baby is a keeper.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
What trim do you have? And what wheels? I have the LX and the 17" wheels FWIW....I'm wondering if they roll better than the bigger wheels?

I have a Touring L with 17's. I checked my fuel mileage computer with long math on my last fill up and it was within .1 of being exact. That's good to know since some are off by as much as 2-3 MPG. Still getting about 25 in town with moderate traffic but not a lot of stop lights in my area. My last car (2013 Kia Soul) got 23 in the same driving conditions. I'm a very happy Pacifica owner.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Finally able to do a small road trip in my Touring-L Plus! Dallas, TX area up to Oklahoma roundtrip. Probably 20 minutes of "city" driving with lots of long lights. The rest were country highways (55-70mph). I wasn't hyper-mileing by any means, but still impressed. A lot of the highways even had stoplights/four-way stops.

177.4 miles
28.2 mpg
3hr 15min
Awesome. How many people /stuff were you hauling?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow! Those are some impressive averages! So to get these averages what speeds are you running and what type of terrain are you normally traveling?

The reason I ask is because I took a trip from here in Woodbridge, VA to St. Louis. I took I-64 West, which hit some mountains early in the trip, but then flattened out once I got into Kentucky and Illinois. My MPG averaged 27 on the low end running 70 mph and a van load of kids. However, it did much better on the flat and straights bumping up to 31 MPG...again running 70 mph.

The return trip we took I-70 and was relatively flat until we got to West Virginia. I experimented with the speeds and running steady at 70 mph I was consistently getting 31 MPG. Bumping it up to 75 mph dropped it to 28 MPG.

I was just curious what your driving routine is and if you are adjusting tire pressures any? Thanks

-Jason

21 - 40 of 180 Posts